Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite bows are on sale right now on e-bay at really great prices. I can't buy any cause I cut off Quincy's topknot, its all I can do not to buy them just in case he grows it back...
Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsofocusZsoQQsb...QfsopZ1QQfsooZ1

The link doesn't seem to come up right, even though I have edited it. The seller is:

wwwdogform.com

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just can't make myself pay that much for a bow. I went to Walmart and got some beautiful little girl barrettes. They have a plastic clasp and after I put a rubberband in Izzy's hair, the barrettes grab it and stay in forever. I got 8 bows for $2.00 the other day.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.

In what department did you find the bow? I have looked several times and have never found bows as nice as that. Did you glue them onto the barette?

Would it be possible to take a picture of the barette part of the bow? Thanks[/B]
I go to the young girls department. It's where all those fancy pre-teen stuff is located, like Mary Kate and Ashley foo foo stuff. There is a rack of barrettes and ribbons and hair bands and bracelets, that sort of stuff. The one that Izzy is wearing is from a set of 8 for $2. I will be happy to get a picture and post it. I didn't do anything to the bows, they come already adhered to a plastic barrette. I like that there are no sharp pieces and if Izzy would by chance get hold of it, she's not going to hurt herself with them.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Mar 17 2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the compliments.

In what department did you find the bow? I have looked several times and have never found bows as nice as that. Did you glue them onto the barette?

Would it be possible to take a picture of the barette part of the bow? Thanks
I go to the young girls department. It's where all those fancy pre-teen stuff is located, like Mary Kate and Ashley foo foo stuff. There is a rack of barrettes and ribbons and hair bands and bracelets, that sort of stuff. The one that Izzy is wearing is from a set of 8 for $2. I will be happy to get a picture and post it. I didn't do anything to the bows, they come already adhered to a plastic barrette. I like that there are no sharp pieces and if Izzy would by chance get hold of it, she's not going to hurt herself with them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43958
[/B][/QUOTE]

What a great idea! I'm making a trip to Target this weekend, might have to do the big loop and hit up Wally-world too!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
As usual I order first, ask questions later

I havent had much time to search at work lately, and have been wanting some plain bows- nothing fancy. I just found these

Always fancy bows

Not much of a selection but very simple. I ordered the double pink with polka dots and one big red one since they didnt have pink and I dont like Fuschia. I was thinking to see how they are made and maybe I"ll be able to do my own if it looks easy enough. I used to make them for Holli but its been so long I have no idea how I did it.

Does anyone know of a better site that might have similar plain satin bows?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've been using the regular plastic barrettes you get for little girls. They stay in Chloe's hair all day and they're much easier on her (and me) to get them in and out.

I also like this ebayer's barrettes. They are kind of the best of both worlds - a nice bow on a great holding plastic barrette. I'll post the link below.

I should mention that Chloe is a little tomboy and the plastic barrettes stay in all day and night.

Ebay Barrettes

I've also bought the plain barrettes from them and have embellished them for Chloe to coordinate with her shirts and harnesses. So many people keep asking me where I got them I might put some up on ebay, that is when I get more then 10 nanoseconds to myself :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Mar 16 2005, 08:28 PM
She has great bows, I have a few of hers and like them very much BUT BUT
her shipping charges are outrageous! 

I know she can do the shipping for less because I have received packages the same that she sends from Vancouver and the packages even weigh more than hers, and that shipping is only $2.00 Canadian NOT $6.00 US (6 US works out to about $7 Canadian) that she charges for a lighter weight package.  I am sure if she lowered her shipping charges she would get more orders.  As she really has nice bows
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43885
[/QUOTE]

The weight is not the reason why I can't ship my bows within Canada any cheaper, it's the maximum height (thickness) Canada Post allows on the cheaper rate called "other lettermail" which is only 20mm or 2cm.
I've tried several different thin boxes and a regular non-padded bubble envelope and it's still just a little too thick -- if only Canada Post maximum height on the cheaper rate was a little more than it would work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You cut off Quincy's topknot?????? :new_Eyecrazy:

But it was so beautiful! He is such an adorable little guy; he's one of the main reasons that I want a Maltese!

And besides, you did get the hang of putting in his cute little "Quincy" bow!

Just curious as to why you cut it off?

Originally posted by Quincymom@Mar 16 2005, 10:16 PM
My favorite bows are on sale right now on e-bay at really great prices. I can't buy any cause I cut off Quincy's topknot, its all I can do not to buy them just in case he grows it back...
Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsofocusZsoQQsb...QfsopZ1QQfsooZ1

The link doesn't seem to come up right, even though I have edited it. The seller is:

wwwdogform.com
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43880
[/QUOTE]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts