Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, we put out our Christmas decorations and I was so proud of Toby..he never even got up off the couch!

It has since been two days, and he has never bothered the trees. In fact, I don't think he has even gone near them. I am so proud of him.

One of the ornaments fell off and neither Wally nor Toby tried to play with it.

We put the tree up last year and Toby didn't bother it, but a year's time can change things and I didn't know how he would react, however, I did suspect he would be okay.

I guess I am just lucky in the fact that neither dog bothers the stuff in the house. We have other issues (
) but I guess they know what is mine and what is theirs.

I'll try to post some pictures later.

Who else has their tree(s) up and have you encountered any problems?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My tree has been fine.
I had to tell little Neyland "No" a few times, but since then, no problems.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Well...Oliver doesn't necessarily "bother" the tree...he and Tashie(cat) love to play chase/tag and the tree (or should I say UNDER the tree) seems to be the hot commodity when it comes to a base or hiding place. The whole tree shakes! Yesterday, the tree was shaking and I asked Molly who was under there and she said "It's just Oliver trying to get a piggyback ride from Tashie"
Ok..thanks Molly! So they don't really play WITH the tree..they play UNDER it!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Frosty and Dafney had to investigate when we got it up, but more of the tree skirt than the tree. Our problem comes from Kitty who for whatever reason feels it is her duty to chew on the tree branches

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
No problem here.
Baxter has been a sweetheart and never bothered the tree. The other night a stocking fell and Baxter ran and stood beside it. When I came into the room to check on things, Baxter looked up at me like I didn't do it I promise I've been a good boy! :lol: Aww my little man

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So far, so good here. I put up the big tree at my parent's and also they've been around MK's tree at the condo. We have an alpine tree upstairs, too. Neither pup seems to even notice the tree. Yay!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I just bought a new tree and put it up Sunday. I haven't put the decorations on it yet
but will probably do that Friday. So far, Paris hasn't bothered it. She did go under it Sunday to investigate but I think one of the branches got on her back and she didn't like that at all. Hopefully, that took care of her being nosy.

·
Registered
802 Posts
ahh they are waiting for the gifts to be put under there....nothing shreds all crispy like pretty wrapping paper.

Max has tried to shred everything within reach. My Mother Teresa book has a torn cover, right now.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahh they are waiting for the gifts to be put under there....nothing shreds all crispy like pretty wrapping paper.
[/B]
That is my next adventure...the gifts. I am pretty sure they will leave them alone too. I just won't put their gifts under there--I subscribe to the theory of letting sleeping dogs lie (no pun intended, well okay, maybe it was :eek: ).

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
We didn't put up a tree last year, was not in the mood. But this year were going to make things better with tree up and all the lights.

Good to hear your malts don't bother it, maybe I will be lucky with Puddles. He's never seen a Christmas tree....we will see what happens.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Ive never had a problem with the babies bothering the tree.The problem is our cat Tucker who seems to think its his duty to lay on the branches of the tree every year on lookout in case the flubutts wannna cause trouble!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think a lot has to do with the fact that there is a lot of commotion always going on in our house; my husband and I are always on the move in the house or running errands so we are in and out of the house a lot. Toby is pretty blasé about most stuff. He comes to check it out and when the smell doesn't interest him, he takes a seat somewhere where he can watch.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Rosie doesnt have access to the chritmas tree since we gate the house still, but I'm sure if she could, she would bite it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts