Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you fluffs do when you're getting their breakfast/dinner ready for them?

Each of mine do something a little differnt and it's hilarious to watch.

Tilly stands on her hind legs with her front legs resting on the bottom kitchen cabinets and stretches as far as she can to see that I'm making her food "just right". If I take too long she will sit down and make a kind of whimpering noise.

Secret likes to dance on her hind legs when she knows I'm almost ready to put the food down for her.

Lacie does her circle happy dance while I'm making the food but even more when I'm about to put the food down.

So what do your fluffs do at dinner time?

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Lucy does exactly as Tilly does - down to the whimpering if, she thinks I'm taking too long to prepare her meal.

Barron sits, and waits ever so patiently for me to put his dish down. He's such a wonderful, wonderful fluff.

They each have an afternoon "soup" (that I make for them) - and oh boy, if Lucy is ready for it, she'll climb my legs telling me to "get with it" -

Before bed, they get a tablespoon of yougart with banana's -

I leave dry food out, all of the time - I know that some don't agree with that - but that’s what I do.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
No dancing for his supper here. Jodi may be in the next room or in the doorway of the kitchen watching me prepare it. I will say 'go get your supper', he kind of hangs his head and slowly walks to his bowl to check it out. I may even have to tell him again. Unless the cat starts to eat it and he's right behind her waiting.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I always put Bailey on one of the kitchen chairs when I'm preparing his food. He is usually wailing and whining and crying the entire time because he just can't wait for me to be done. It takes a few minutes because I mix I measure out the dry, take some wet food out of the can and mush it up with some warm water and then mix the two. I also add some fish oil in the morning and some probiotics at night. When I give him the Grandma Lucy's Artisan, I definitely have to hydrate it the night before and have it ready because there is absolutely NO way he would wait the 10 minutes for it to rehydrate.

In the evenings, he eats in his pen. So as soon as I take him downstairs, he knows to run straight in to his pen and sit there. I put the bowl in front of him, and he sits and waits for me to give him the "okay" to go ahead and eat.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Triniti and Terra will rear up and put their front paws on my legs and just stand their wagging their tails. If I move, Triniti will go back to standing on all4's...but Terra still stands upright and even walks a bit like that! I am amazed when she does that....walking like a person! :D

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
:HistericalSmiley:Cute, Lynn. My girls are similar at dinner time. Rose will stand on the floor and look at me, make a faint whiny sound and then do the happy dance as I put her food down. My Lily will stand up on my leg and tremble with excitement, then she just runs to her bowl. Aren't they funny???!!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
dolce is quiet in the morning n just looks at me n goes to his food , afternoons he circles , stands on his hind legs , happy bark, circles n runs to his food.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
If they have their way, they jump and leap and slam into the cabinets. So instead they sit politely on the kitchen mat and do not move until I say "ok" - they typically have to sit with bowls in front of them for a good 30 seconds before being released. Roo is so clever he won't even look at the bowl until cued.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
About my babes

The minute I park the car in the afternoon my babies know is time for dinner. the all (5) run to the kitchen and jump with joy while I prepare the plates.

Mimie is a great eater but Cappi and Max just LOVE TO eat and they stare at me while I get everyhting ready. I feed Cappi & Max and bring their food to the downstairs bathroom, close door and they chow down. The 3 elders :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:eat in the kitchen. Once they are done, everyone gets a face WIPE DOWN before heading to the terrace for their business.

I just love the fact that they SWEAR I am Betty Crocker :w00t::w00t: Cappi and Max seat in the kitchen while I do dishes and cook!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Cute stories! I give Perri a piece of his homemade chicken jerky after he eats. He'll run to the kitchen to tell me he's all done and get his chew. I then go get his dish and make a big fuss over eating his dinner all gone (this is left over from his kibble days when he wasn't too enthusiastic) and give him his jerky.
My mom has heard me when doing this and makes fun of me lol. So I went on vacation last month and he stayed with my mom, and before I left I joked with her about how she has to say what I do when he gets his jerky. She said you sound so ridiculous I can't even understand you much less remember all that. So she said after his first meal he kept looking at her all expectantly and she couldn't figure out what he wanted, and then she said he got all sad and went and laid down dejectedly on the couch. Awhile later she remembered that he gets his treat so she went to get it and said in a high pitched voice swooshy swishy swooshy swooshy!?! and he came running and was like yeah yeah that's what I want! She didn't know what to say so just made something up and said it in a high happy voice and he was appeased. Hearing that just cracked me up. They are such little creatures of habit.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Chloe will keep twirling with a little bark in between to tell me to hurry up...Summer will run back and forth squeaking a toy, will drop it at my feet and just before I put the dish down she bounces up and down in excitement.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
If they have their way, they jump and leap and slam into the cabinets. So instead they sit politely on the kitchen mat and do not move until I say "ok" - they typically have to sit with bowls in front of them for a good 30 seconds before being released. Roo is so clever he won't even look at the bowl until cued.
Mine "have their way"! Add barking, too!! :smstarz:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts