Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am part of a group of women...Bosom Buddies....and we meet twice a month to support each other. Some of us are still in remission, still on chemo or just praying it doesn't come back. Unfortunately, one of our friends' family didn't know about us and we were not contacted when she passed on Christmas Eve. Katie (or Johnny) was just at my house in late November bringing me cotton gloves she no longer needed. We talked about her mets in her lungs and one lesion on her liver. She was starting Abraxane and we talked about it b/c I had already been on Abraxane for my first time it was in my liver. I had attempted to contact her by phone and e-mail several times, but could not get a response....none of us could. From what we have been told so far, she got an infection in her liver and that was it. We will always miss her smile and positive attitude...not one meeting went by that she didn't declare that God was great and in control of our lives....how true. God bless you Katie....you are with our Lord now and healed. Another bright star! We love you!

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
What a great support group! I am so sorry for your friend, you and your group are in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
(((((((()))))))))

May your dear friend rest in peace. I pray that science finds a cure for this deastating disease which has already touched way too many families including mine.

(((((((())))))))))))

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like it was fast, maybe that was a blessing in itself. From your description, she was an inspiration to many and will be missed. .....**** cancer...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
:( What a beautiful description of your dear friend. :( I am so sorry that you and countless others are having to suffer with this horrible disease. My husband's aunt passed away from breast cancer, his Grandpa died of liver cancer, my Grandma died of bone cancer, and my Dad of pancreatic cancer.

Pat you are right... **** cancer. I pray we find a cure one day. :(

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Donna, I am so sorry, I know personally know how hard it is to lose a friend, I just lost a dear friend Dec. 26th, may God Bless her family and your group of wonderful ladies. Hugs to you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts