Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you who may have purchased a puppy from a breeder only to find out later that the puppy was suffering from some medical condition, the Humane Society of the United States has a complaint form to fill out at this link:

http://files.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/puppy_...plaint_form.pdf

I know many of you have found out your puppies have health problems like luxating patellas, coccidious, etc. and your breeder hasn't taken any responsibility or offered to help with vet bills, so here is an option for those of you who want to pursue it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Thanks so much Marj. I saved it in my fav. and will read the entire thing later. I read part of it up till the part about pet stores. I am going to see if it's too late to complain about Fantasia and see if it costs anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
I was thinking there should be like a section on spoiledmaltese someplace where you can list the breeder you got your puppy from and they had proublems or something becuase there is a list of breeder links on here and having a counter list of breeders people were not happy with could really help people.....i should proubly post this on the suggestion board this topic just made me think of it lol.....i talked to one of the breeders on the link list on this site when i was looking for a puppy and they refused to let me even see their dogs until i paid $1,000 and i just think there should be a note of stuff like that even if it isnt as important as the type of stuff going on with your dogs i have seen a lot of lists of what are supposed to be good breeders but not a lot of bad breeder lists
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
I think that's a great idea. When I was originaly looking for my dogs I was snubbed many times. Allot of breeders won't even take the time to answer your questions. It's like they're doing you a favor by bestowing one of their puppies on you( that you know nothing about).
If they won't show you where the parents live or what they look like there's a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
Well i talked to a lot of really great breeders to (i just couldnt afforde their dogs) and i think it would be super helpful to get people on here to make a list....sure it will proubly be abused and the breeders themself will go posting good things about their own dogs but i still like the idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Dec 1 2004, 09:18 AM
Well i talked to a lot of really great breeders to (i just couldnt afforde their dogs) and i think it would be super helpful to get people on here to make a list....sure it will proubly be abused and the breeders themself will go posting good things about their own dogs but i still like the idea
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19601
[/QUOTE]
I was lucky Canine Corral Paid for most of Flurry's vet bills for his illness. A lot of people who purchase pups from Canine Coral and other puppy mills had far more serious ailments and were not reimbursed. They did not pay for his shots, they said he was current and that they would cover them if he was not, that was a lie. If the pups bills exceed they pups price you can return the pup for a new one. Who would return their baby???? Flurry's vet bills ran me about $400.00 over what they covered and I still consider myself lucky because he has brought to our home love, he has learned trust, and he is responsible for a lot of smiles and mischief around here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Nov 30 2004, 08:03 PM
I was thinking there should be like a section on spoiledmaltese someplace where you can list the breeder you got your puppy from and they had proublems or something becuase there is a list of breeder links on here and having a counter list of breeders people were not happy with could really help people.....i should proubly post this on the suggestion board this topic just made me think of it lol.....i talked to one of the breeders on the link list on this site when i was looking for a puppy and they refused to let me even see their dogs until i paid $1,000 and i just think there should be a note of stuff like that even if it isnt as important as the type of stuff going on with your dogs i have seen a lot of lists of what are supposed to be good breeders but not a lot of bad breeder lists
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19538
[/QUOTE]

Maybe have one list of breeders but have a comment section (like in the gallery) where users can post comments (good or bad). That way all of the information is in the same section. Maybe have a symbol (thumbs up or down) to the left of the comment to specify if the user had good or bad comments. That way it is easier to see if someone had a problem without having to read through the whole list of comments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Wow Lexi's Mom that's a great idea! I love it! And the thumbs up or down is so easy to do.
We use these images for thumbs up and down (my husband and I have a forum)




On a side note: How do you view the comments on your pictures in the gallery. I posted some pictures of Fantasia yesterday and although I don't have any comments on them, I wanted to know how to view them just in case I get any in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Dec 1 2004, 09:49 AM
Wow Lexi's Mom that's a great idea!  I love it!  And the thumbs up or down is so easy to do. 
We use these images for thumbs up and down (my husband and I have a forum)




On a side note:  How do you view the comments on your pictures in the gallery.  I posted some pictures of Fantasia yesterday and although I don't have any comments on them, I wanted to know how to view them just in case I get any in the future.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19625
[/QUOTE]

You need to go to the main gallery section. On each picture it will list if there are comments (Comments: 1 / Views: 5). When you open the picture the comments are shown at the bottom.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top