Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***I sat through two days of witnesses claiming how much they care about puppies they purchase and sell. On that thought...how does one truly care and take care of 50 dogs <the puppy mill breeder on the stand> How does one really care for 250+ puppies that go through your facility every week and shipped all over the country? WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS! Greed is a horrible thing.*** #nomorepuppymills #forthevoiceless

Sara Yassin is not on SM---but she is one of us---fighting greeders & puppy mills. She is in a big battle trying to shut down puppy mills & get laws into legislation that will forbid pet shops to sell dogs.
Folks, lets not give up fighting---there are many out there who fight daily to stop the sale of puppies for profit. We can do our part to try to educate. So much of what is advertised is so slick that anyone could fall for it. . . . esp. on-line. Educate, educate, educate!

I am proud of Sara ---she is a super woman!:wub:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just makes me sick. I spend so much time flagging Craigslist “sale” posts and trying to educate people. Bella was a puppy mill pup and the things I learned .... well they will haunt me always. We can all make a difference, so I’m so glad you post this!

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a joy to meet Sara at the Nationals in IL a few years ago---she was the narrator for our "style show" if you remember the beautiful, dark haired lady. She fights puppy mills full time, shuts down shops where puppys are sold & goes to court to enforce positive changes against puppy mills. Check her out on FB & let's do our part to support & encourage her as well as educate here on SM! She is one tough cookie!

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Sara is a God send, she's an amazing woman
Puppy mills and pet stores:angry:, Craigslist and Petfinder also, just so so sad precious little fluffs have to be treated like their lives are only worth $ to the breeders, shamful
You would think people would be more knowledgeable now days
I always share with others, years ago we had a fluff from a pet store, back then we thought it was a way to get one
Our Muffy had so many medical issues. I wish someone would have shared with us

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
My prediction is that it will be 30 years and people will look back and wonder how we could have treated animals like objects, instead of like sentient beings with feelings and emotions. Things are changing. When I became a vegetarian over 40 years ago, it was difficult to go into restaurants and find things I could eat. That changed. 7 years ago when I became vegan, I found I had problems finding things to eat, grocery shopping was a nightmare reading all ingredients. Now manufactures/food producers are tripping over each other to bring forth the new plant based food, or label their products vegan. All this change has been in the last couple of years and with it a growing respect for the other beings we share this earth with.

Just in my lifetime, the evolution of the way we see dogs has been amazing. We used to see them as pets, now they are members of the family. A dog got sick and that was it, now we have many life extending treatments for our companion.

Things are changing. And future us will live in a world in which puppy mills no longer exist.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The selling of puppies in pet stores should be band completely in all 50 states. Chicago has a law implemented a few years ago that puppies sold in pet stores had to come from only rescue groups. Well that law was a disaster. The puppy mills found a way around that with the help from the shop owners. If the Human Society had more undercover people to report puppy mills and the media did more stories that too would help to educate the public. There also needs to be stiffer penalties for the ones running these puppy mills. There are so many educational programs in the school system, I wonder if its possible to start a nation wide program about puppy mills and sending home flyers for the parents to read?

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
The selling of puppies in pet stores should be band completely in all 50 states. Chicago has a law implemented a few years ago that puppies sold in pet stores had to come from only rescue groups. Well that law was a disaster. The puppy mills found a way around that with the help from the shop owners. If the Human Society had more undercover people to report puppy mills and the media did more stories that too would help to educate the public. There also needs to be stiffer penalties for the ones running these puppy mills. There are so many educational programs in the school system, I wonder if its possible to start a nation wide program about puppy mills and sending home flyers for the parents to read?
Mare - I'm thinking this is a good idea. How do you implement such a program in our schools? I know one of my granddaughters friends fell in love with pictures she saw of Abella. So her mother got her a Maltese puppy (8 wks old) off of Craigslist for a Christmas present. :smpullhair:

When I found out I questioned my granddaughter. Her reply to me was "Of coarse I know better Grandma - but THEY just don't care - they wanted an inexpensive Maltese." :smilie_tischkante:

Thinking education may help people care! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
We can only hope that more people recognize the difference between puppy mill owners and caring dog breeders.

Lainie and Whispy

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Awwwww, that's my buddy, Sara. She is good....sometimes a little too good, lol. I love that she gives the ones with no voice....a voice! She works hard for this cause.

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES Pat! I met Sara through you! Thank you for introducing us to this lovely lady, but one tough cookie when it comes to "standing up for those w/out a voice." Go Sarah.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
YES Pat! I met Sara through you! Thank you for introducing us to this lovely lady, but one tough cookie when it comes to "standing up for those w/out a voice." Go Sarah.

And guess how I originally met Sara. B):innocent: Through AVA! She was a fan of Ava's page and had asked me to make a special video one time...and I did.

The next spring she drove up to my puppy party and we've been friends ever since. I love these little white dogs! :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think we should send a "herd" of them to DC! They really bring people together! (shhhhh, did I really say that?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts