Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

BREEDER SENT ME A REFUND

4K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  puppylucy 
#1 ·
hello there everyone,

i went to pick up a certified letter today at the post office and luckily enough it was a check from the breeder i had sent the puppy back to.

while it is a great relief, she only sent me a check for $1000 so at this point i am still losing $300, which is a lot of money! i am going to write her another letter and mail it to her requesting her to refund the shipping charges. does this seem just?

i also want to thank everyone for all their help/comments, you guys gave me a lot of hope and strength...i really love it here at spoiledmaltese...

smiles and wagging tails,

nousha and princess tessa

See less See more
#4 ·
I spoke to a couple friends of mine who are breeders about this situation (I did not use any names). They said that it is fair you get refunded for the cost of the puppy but the airfare probably will not be refunded. I would ask for it but don't expect much. See what she says.

#7 ·

Glad she sent you the $1000 back! Although it doesn't hurt to ask for the remaining 300...you probably are just going to have to settle for what she gave you.
Good luck with it though...I know it must be a relief to get the amount you did!

#8 ·
So far so good! I'm glad you got the majority of the money back so far.

You wouldnt happen to have a picture of the maltese you're giving back, would you? I'm just curious.
Or is the picture in your avatar the maltese you got?

#11 ·
Thank goodness you got at least the $1,000 back!! Had she received your letter, etc? I would call her bank to verify that the funds are there. They should be able to tell you that. That way if for some reason, the funds aren't there, you'll know now rather than assuming all is A-OK for 10 days only to find out the check is no good.

Here (below) is an example of a letter you might want to send to her. I didn't spend much time on this... it is not perfect but it gives you an idea of how a letter might go....

Certified - Return Receipt Requested

Dear _________:

Thank you so much for refunding the purchase price of the puppy I recently returned to you. However, I was disappointed that the $300 in shipping charges was not included. As you should recall, the reason I sent this puppy back to you was that he was not the puppy in the photo you had provided to me. In other words, I didn't return this puppy because I just happened to not like him. And this is key: I returned him because he is not the puppy you told me I was purchasing.

Whether intentional on your part or not, because this puppy was misrepreseted to me, I incurred costs of your shipping him to me and my returning him to you. Incidentally, that is in addition to the $xxx that I spent getting him medical treatment because he was ill with a tummy upset and ear mites when he arrived.

Since, this puppy was misrepresented, I do expect you to refund the $300 shippping charges. Please send the $300 to me on or before May x, 2005. If I do not receive payment by that date, I reserve my right to post details of this transaction on PuppyFind, report this situation to the Better Business Bureau, file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in the State of Oklahoma, and to take legal action against you without notice.

#13 ·
yay that you got your 1000$! I like the letter K/C mom wrote and think you should send it. You do deserve the 300$ but you are likely not going to get it. I would think of it as a loss but send the letter anyway and do all of those things to report her behavior. If she happens to send the airfare $ then great!

I would do all of that AFTER you know the 1k has cleared.

#15 ·
K/C's mom wrote a great letter. It was not inflammatory, but stern and to the point. I also think that you are entitled to the money. If you don't get it I suggest you do take all the action that you can take, but I don't know that it's worth retaining an attorney.

#17 ·
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Apr 30 2005, 01:46 PM
K/C's mom wrote a great letter.  It was not inflammatory, but stern and to the point.  I also think that you are entitled to the money.  If you don't get it I suggest you do take all the action that you can take, but I don't know that it's worth retaining an attorney.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58337
[/QUOTE]

Hi, yep... I threw the "legal action" part in just as a scare tactic!!

#20 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 30 2005, 10:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mee
@Apr 30 2005, 03:20 AM
im so happy for you!!congratulations!! congratulations!!

but yes, you should ask for the remaining $300
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58251
Mee..... that ball with Jongee in your signature photo is Kallie's most favorite ball.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58294
[/B][/QUOTE]

hahahah i think i saw a photo of Kallie with it too in one of the pics u posted

i think lots of malt mom's have it too, the toy is great
squeeky squeeky

and yes, ur letter was very nice! very to the point

#24 ·
hi everyone!!!

i just got back from los angeles. my brother is getting married in june and i went to visit so i could help with some arrangements! it was so wonderful to read all your posts.

KC'S MOM: Your letter is really wonderful! I couldn't have written it better myself! Thank you so much!!!!

i am going to send her a letter, because i agree with you all that i am entitled to the shipping expenses. after all i didn't receive the puppy i paid for

i, too am very happy to receive a check, although i won't celebrate until the check is cleared!

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

p.s. i don't have a picture of the puppy she sent me. the puppy was not bad looking, it was just much older than i had anticipated. the picture in the avatar is tessa.

here's an updated photo...she is growing up so quickly!!!

#25 ·
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@May 1 2005, 04:26 PM
hi everyone!!!

i just got back from los angeles. my brother is getting married in june and i went to visit so i could help with some arrangements! it was so wonderful to read all your posts.

KC'S MOM: Your letter is really wonderful! I couldn't have written it better myself! Thank you so much!!!!

i am going to send her a letter, because i agree with you all that i am entitled to the shipping expenses. after all i didn't receive the puppy i paid for 

i, too am very happy to receive a check, although i won't celebrate until the check is cleared! 

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

p.s. i don't have a picture of the puppy she sent me. the puppy was not bad looking, it was just much older than i had anticipated. the picture in the avatar is tessa.

here's an updated photo...she is growing up so quickly!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58648
[/QUOTE]
Awww, she is a cutie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.