Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slipped over to the 'other' site today and noticed they have 'banned' another person. :eek:
"Britgirlsmom" was giving them the devil for being so rude with their replies and she was really getting after them! So she got banned.
I was wondering if she had come across this site.
She would be a great asset because she sure didn't like the way some of them were 'bashing' posters!

Another poster commented that " remember when you come to this site and ask a question to expect a curt answer as sometimes that is the only way to get a message across to someone".
And Bev had told another poster if she didn't like the replies she was getting on the site, maybe she had better 'move on'.
I cannot believe how many times I have seen her say this to a poster who was 'defending' someone else!

Another day in PARADISE :wacko:

They don't seem to have changed since I left a couple of months ago...do ya think?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Yeah she has been on her for awhile.

I usually check the other site a couple times a week, just to see what they are talking about over there. They are so rude to people that that is all I can take.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I noticed on "the other site" that someone asking about Maltipoos was totally shut down and Jay left a nasty note about the site being only for purebred Maltese and locked the thread and I assume got rid of the original poster. That is just so amazingly rude. I'm so glad we have this site. :D

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
It drives me nuts when he gets rid of the posts. I remember there was a post on there about training your dog to like the bag carriers. There was no brand names mentioned. Nothing that was not allowed. It was there and then all of the sudden (like an hour later) it was gone.
I just find it funny that now he has people that can come on an talk about products because they are people that have paid him to advertise there. <_< That just seems wrong.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I need to go and see what all the fuss is about over there tonight. I was on for awhile last night. It was pretty heated over the puppymill issue...and something else...I can't remember. And the discussion over the puppymill was brought on b/c some unknowing soul posted to brag about her new pup that she brought from a petstore. I felt sorry for her. So did some others. That is not a good topic to debate...like abortion and other strong subjects. People could go round and round all day. But some just feel there is a black/white to things..and will tell you! It is one thing to give your opinion, but some people think their opinion is the only right one, and I just don't agree with that. The tone over there with some people is awful. I wish so bad that some of them would find this one. I can't stand his tone either. When he banned the maltipoo person, he started out the banning post with a "your puppy is adorable"- LOL, like that was going to make her feel better.
Someone asked somewhere ont here about if/why people are banned without warning etc. He had no good answer. Pretty much, follow the rules or else. They give no warnings. Something was said about the brand names and how many things he has to kick out each day. I am wondering where they come from. There is not that problem here. People don't solicit over in this forum. Not that I have found anyway.
I stay over there, for the entertainment purposes, and there is alot of good information too. Someone has to stay friendly over there...LOL. I am sure one day I will either get banned, or fed up. I like this one SO much better!!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i hope these banned people find this site. i like how everyone here is nice and doesnt criticize. :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Boom Boom's Mom@Aug 17 2004, 02:05 PM
Im surprised I havent been banned there yet.

My baby isn't 100% maltese (infact 50%) and someone pointed it out when the pictures first came out.
He sure is cute though!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone gets the chance to go to MO, check out the post by Jay:
"Amazed by Anonymity" and read the responses to his 'amazement'.
Someone even asked if they could post their email addresses so they could plan a little "Maltese people get -together" and he told them that he would rather not allow that...etc. etc. etc.
It's almost like "mother may I?"...people aren't even treated like adults on that site. Geeeez

I ask him if he could tell us if people would be given warnings if they were about to be 'banned' and his reply was:
"Our moderators are given full authority to enforce our user agreement anyway they see fit and are not required to give courtesy warnings, etc. At Maltese Only, we always treat our visitors with the utmost respect (I had a hard time with that one). In return, we expect the same from you. If our staff feels that you are consistently addressing myself or our moderators here or elsewhere, online or off, in a demeaning or rude manner, there will be a restriction placed against you in our records"

Please don't misunderstand, I have never had a problem on that site. I just got really ticked off reading the 'bashing' answers they were giving to some of the posters, and telling people 'maybe you should move on".
To me that is RUDE.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Boom Boom's Mom@Aug 17 2004, 02:05 PM
Im surprised I havent been banned there yet.

My baby isn't 100% maltese (infact 50%) and someone pointed it out when the pictures first came out.
Boom Boom is absolutely precious...he looks like a cross between a Malt and a Westie. Sooooo cute.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Snertsmom@Aug 17 2004, 10:46 PM
If anyone gets the chance to go to MO, check out the post by Jay:
"Amazed by Anonymity" and read the responses to his 'amazement'.
Someone even asked if they could post their email addresses so they could plan a little "Maltese people get -together" and he told them that he would rather not allow that...etc. etc. etc.
It's almost like "mother may I?"...people aren't even treated like adults on that site. Geeeez

I ask him if he could tell us if people would be given warnings if they were about to be 'banned' and his reply was:
"Our moderators are given full authority to enforce our user agreement anyway they see fit and are not required to give courtesy warnings, etc. At Maltese Only, we always treat our visitors with the utmost respect (I had a hard time with that one). In return, we expect the same from you. If our staff feels that you are consistently addressing myself or our moderators here or elsewhere, online or off, in a demeaning or rude manner, there will be a restriction placed against you in our records"

Please don't misunderstand, I have never had a problem on that site. I just got really ticked off reading the 'bashing' answers they were giving to some of the posters, and telling people 'maybe you should move on".
To me that is RUDE.
Yeah, I got a good chuckle out of the "we always treat people with the utmost respect" comment. :lol: :lol:
Who is he kidding?
Anywho, he has a loyal following of people over there that support him. I guess by visiting I support him also, but I am NOT going to stand up for/defend him to people.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey you guys

I didn't even know I got "banned"! LOL I must have really pissed someone off there! Since I re-signed up I only posted about 5 times, but I guess that was enough for them...

They hated me, they never posted threads that I started and only posted 50% of my posts! LOL! I had said something about how controlling they are right when I got there the first time... I had got banned the first time because I put Brit's website in my siggy and I had forgot that you were not suppossed to do that. I had snatched it off RIGHT afterward, literally like 2 seconds later, and even still I was banned!

Wow, it was like WWII over there...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh I never did get that thing about not being able to post brand names... I mean I could see if I was trying to SELL it to you, but if you ask me "Hey Brit's Mom, Brit'ny's teeth sure are white, Patty's teeth look kinda brown, what kind of toothpaste are you using.." Whats the big deal about that?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brit's mom: I have to say I was really glad to see someone 'stand up' to the way people criticised other people.

Glad you are on this site. It is such a nice site and I don't feel like I have to ask 'mother may I' if I want to post something. And I don't feel like I will get 'bashed' on this site.......that is, unless I put my foot in my mouth.
I NEVER have cared for people that put other people down. They think they are cute, but they really are rude and uncaring people.

You go Girl !

·
Registered
145 Posts
The thing that makes me angry is that they don't let you post things just because they feel like it...like I'll try to post something to help someone out without using any brand names or breaking their all important USER AGREEMENT and it still won't get on.
One time I posted a reply and at the end of it I mentioned how adorable the puppy of the person I was reply to was. They posted my message and cut out the part about how I thought their dog was cute...they literally wouldn't let me post a compliment :wacko: .
Oh...and did anyone see how someone asked Jay why they couldn't use brand names? He said that it would be advertising for companies that weren't paying MO. Others said it was such a shame because they were new to the breed and didn't know which products to trust. He told everyone that if they wanted to recommend a product all they had to do was contact the manufacturer and ask them to pay to advertise on MO...

I really feel like that site is all about making money. The breeders list on there is five bucks (and they took it off another website where you can view it for free), they make you pay to look at the photo album and they are always trying to sell you things...their latest is a $15 maltese calendar...oooh la la!

Whenever someone asks where to find a good breeder I always want to say "Come over to SpoiledMaltese and check out the breeder's forum...." Yeah right!
Just venting....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Vent girl...vent!!!
Let it all out!!! LOL :lol:

I think we all feel about the same way.
Sorry you got banned though. So far I have not, although I did get chastised on the board a few times...and I was one of the ones with the wrong size picture that they were fussing about...I THOUGHT I had followed the directions correctly. Oh well.
I did save someone over there...that posts here, can't remember who it was now...but their picture came up HUGE when I clicked on it, and when I checked their properties, sure enough it was way too big for their size requirements. Luckily, over here we can pm and I caught them and told them before they got their picture posting rights taken away.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I totally agree guys! Its so weird, Ive come to this site SO many times to look at pics of maltese, I thought it was just a photo album site. I had NO idea it was an active community! I just stumbled across the home page, have NO idea how I got here!

It seems 100% better all ready! People are posting what they want, have their baby's pages in the siggy, pics everywhere without PAYING FOR THEM! Im lovn' it!

Thanks to whoever made this site, I feel like Im at home, not at IRobotland or something!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts