Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am combing Brit'ny out while blowdrying her hair, she cries like crazy! It sounds like I am killing my dog or something but I can be barely touchin her (especially by her face, paws or the sides of her hind legs) and she starts crying "Ar! Ar! Ar! Ar!" and trying to attack the comb! She is getting better about letting me comb her out and stuff but she is such a baby!

Do any of your pups act like this? Maybe she is tender-headed, I know I was when I was young and I used to cry bloody murder everytime my mom touched my head with the comb! LOL!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have one out of my four that is like that and her hair is to the ground. She's just hyper sensitive to the comb. It helps if you take a deep breath and relax yourself first. I used to get tense just thinking about combing her. Maltese are so keyed into our emotions it made her twice as bad. Once I realized that I could relax her by relaxing myself first, she got much better. Good luck

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
We dont have that problem with Caesar, but I use a detangler for him. I wonder if that would help with Brit? It is from Petsmart and it is a puppy cologne which is also a detangler. I put it on him everytime before I comb him and it also makes him smell very very good. We have the rainforest scent for hm. Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the whole thing though Ceasar's Mom, she doesn't have any mats! She just HATES the comb! I will be baaaaarely combing a peice of hair and she will go "AR AR AR AR AR" Its kinda funny now because I know Im not really hurting her

My boyfriend and I did an experiment. He held her and I just held the comb to her fur and she still cried! She is such a baby but thats why I wuv hers!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well, Maya is pretty good about letting me brush her hair.
Daezie on the other hand tries to take off when I'm brusshing her. I have to really hold her because she moves alot to get loose an dshe bites the brush. I keep Daezies hair short all the time because she has ALOT OF HAIR I mean ALOT
and that makes her look really BIG like she is over wieght but she is not :wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts