Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
nope, i got married first, when i was 17, 32 now, my next brother got married a few years ago, he is 30 now and my youngest brother who is 23 is still single and in his 25th year of college i think :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend and I were debating about an article I read in a wedding magazine that surveyed siblings and found that the guys married before their sisters. It is interesting that the findings would show that because I believe the stereotype is that guys are committment-phobe. I want a mini poll here. Hey ladies. Did any of you marry before your brothers or did they marry before you. I'm an only child so I am curious.

Give me a quick shout back and let me know if that survey might be accurate.

While we are talking about marriage, have any of you been to a dog wedding? I did and it was cool. :)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by charmed@Apr 28 2005, 09:29 PM
wedding magazine that surveyed siblings and found that the guys married before their sisters.
OH, I have no sisters, although I have called them girls

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i married before my older brother...he is 28 and single...he did get engaged b4 me though...just didnt last long heh.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well, kurt and my other bro are 12 and 10 yrs older than me. the second one got married like 6 yrs ago. and kurts getting married in august. i'll be getting married in around 10 years.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Joe, you were married at 17? That's amazing. I am 27 and all of my friends but one are married with children. I, on the other hand, have no desire to get married any time soon, although some day I hope to. Marriage absolutely fascinates me (and terrifies me) and when I meet people who are married I always ask them about it, how long, how young, do you like it, are you still in love, is it a different kind of love, better/worse? etc. I guess it's because I know so many people who are unhappily married and so many others going through divorce. Before I commit to something I see as one of the most important decisions a person can make, I want to learn what the secret is to picking the right person... cause so few seem to get it right.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I married at 19, had 4 brothers who were 21, 17, 14 & 9 and I was the first to marry. In fact, the two eldest brothers married at 38 and 50, respectively. They are both still married, too, while I am on #2.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Apr 28 2005, 10:21 PM
nope, i got married first, when i was 17, 32 now, my next brother got married a few years ago, he is 30 now and my youngest brother who is 23 is still single and in his 25th year of college i think  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57834
[/QUOTE]

I WISH my brother would get married. . . we may need to work on the issue of him needing a girlfriend first...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
mine is 3 years younger and getting married next weekend. I however, have very cold feet so I think I have issues that need addressed so it might not ever happen haha

Originally posted by Tavish@Apr 29 2005, 08:38 AM
Joe, you were married at 17? That's amazing. I am 27 and all of my friends but one are married with children. I, on the other hand, have no desire to get married any time soon, although some day I hope to. Marriage absolutely fascinates me (and terrifies me) and when I meet people who are married I always ask them about it, how long, how young, do you like it, are you still in love, is it a different kind of love, better/worse? etc. I guess it's because I know so many people who are unhappily married and so many others going through divorce. Before I commit to something I see as one of the most important decisions a person can make, I want to learn what the secret is to picking the right person... cause so few seem to get it right.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57938
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly my problem- but I am a bit older than you and running low on time too, which makes it even worse

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My older brother is two years older than me and he got married two years before me, go figure lol. My next oldest brother (younger than me) is 22 and I don't think he's married yet. Although his girlfriend (last year) wanted more of a commitment so moved on to another guy and my brother was heartbroken. Maybe that snapped him out of it. I was 23 when I got married by the way. My next sibling in line is my sister who is 20 then my brother who is 18 and then my baby sister who is 15 none of them are married. Actually the 22, 20 and 18 year old are my step brothers and sister and the 15 year old is my half. My only sibling married is my whole brother and he got married at 23 too.
So to answer the question my brother did get married before me. Everyone thought I would be married and have kids before him. He has two kids and I only have Fantasia.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by charmed@Apr 28 2005, 10:29 PM
My friend and I were debating about an article I read in a wedding magazine that surveyed siblings and found that the guys married before their sisters. It is interesting that the findings would show that because I believe the stereotype is that guys are committment-phobe. I want a mini poll here. Hey ladies. Did any of you marry before your brothers or did they marry before you. I'm an only child so I am curious.

While we are talking about marriage, have any of you been to a dog wedding? I did and it was cool. :)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57838
[/QUOTE]

Well I married my best friend at the ripe age of 21.. she was 28 at the time

I married before my sister did.... but I have to take into account that now I am 25 years old, and she is ONLY 10!!!!! That may have something to do with it

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf+Apr 29 2005, 01:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-charmed
@Apr 28 2005, 10:29 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57838

Well I married my best friend at the ripe age of 21.. she was 28 at the time

I married before my sister did.... but I have to take into account that now I am 25 years old, and she is ONLY 10!!!!! That may have something to do with it
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58088
[/B][/QUOTE]

Haha! :lol: My husband and his sis are 18 years apart...he bascially grew up as on only child, then got his sis his senior year of high school! haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 28 2005, 11:49 PM
well, kurt and keith are 12 and 10 yrs older than me.  keith got married like 6 yrs ago.  and kurts getting married in august.  i'll be getting married in around 10 years. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57873
[/QUOTE]

Hey DoctorCathy, Are you like in a 10 year engagement? Oh my goodness, if that is the case, you are very patient.

Will you be in your brother kurt's wedding? I'm curious, do you like your future sister-in-law? My friend couldn't stand her new in-laws and she had to help plan the wedding. It's cool that you have big brothers to look out for you, sometimes as an only child I wished I had that. But the upside I didn't have to share at Christmas.
Just Kidding...Don't think I'm greedy.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by charmed+Apr 29 2005, 09:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Apr 28 2005, 11:49 PM
well, kurt and keith are 12 and 10 yrs older than me.  keith got married like 6 yrs ago.  and kurts getting married in august.  i'll be getting married in around 10 years. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57873

Hey DoctorCathy, Are you like in a 10 year engagement? Oh my goodness, if that is the case, you are very patient.

Will you be in your brother kurt's wedding? I'm curious, do you like your future sister-in-law? My friend couldn't stand her new in-laws and she had to help plan the wedding. It's cool that you have big brothers to look out for you, sometimes as an only child I wished I had that. But the upside I didn't have to share at Christmas.
Just Kidding...Don't think I'm greedy.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58198
[/B][/QUOTE]

I know this wasn't directed to me but I wanted to answer anyway.
I LOVE my sisters-in-law! I love my brother's wife and I love my husband's twin sisters (not his twins, they are twins). I was actually friends with his sisters before him. I was practically best friends with one of them. It was like we were sisters even before we were sisters!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts