Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 week old puppy has a small brown spot on-her stomach near her groin. I noticed it a few days ago and it keeps getting bigger- now size of pencil eraser. It does not look like typical spots on my last Maltese which he got with age. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Welcome to SM!
Congratulations on your new maltese puppy. I'm sure she is keeping you very busy and filling your house with lots of love, kisses & tail wags!
As far as the brown spot I think it would be wise to make a vet appointment and have them check it out. This will put your mind at rest and you will have a conclusive diagnosis.
When you get a chance we would love to see pictures of your new little girl......I'm thinking you will start a new puppy fever here on SM! 💞
Please keep us updated as to what the vet says about the spot.
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
My 15 week old puppy has a small brown spot on-her stomach near her groin. I noticed it a few days ago and it keeps getting bigger- now size of pencil eraser. It does not look like typical spots on my last Maltese which he got with age. What do you think?
Ask the vet. You might even be able to take a pix and send to vet.

I took my Whispy to the vet last week because he had an irritated dry spot on his upper chest. He had had a bath two days before so I knew it was new when I felt it. I called the vet. The vet saw him. Gave him an antibiotic shot and an allergy shot. Within one day the spot was no longer pink and in two days had to search for it. Vet said going quickly made it easier to treat.

Gentle hugs,

Lainie

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats on your addition. I would definately go to the vet. My pup was all pure white when I got him and my poor Vet got a work out for his money. Turns out Kobe has black on brown spots all over his skin under all his beautiful white hair. His ears and nose are black. His belly has light brown polka dots all over. Dr Bob says he’s fine. It’s just his markings. I think it’s kind of cute but I hope you fluff is alright. Please keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts