Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've mentioned before, I'm one of the owners of a male Westie who has been rated #1 for the past two years, and he has won breed at Westminister twice, as well as five Best in Shows. We really aren't showing him much this year, but there was one more record we wanted to set, and we did it today. Bruiser won the Great Western Westie Specialty in California, breaking the record for the number of specialty wins in history. This was #13 for him.

When fall comes, it looks like I will be sending my girl (who is also a champion) to California to meet this guy. I hope to show the offspring from this breeding. It's just a shame my Maltese friend won't show them for me so my dogs could be going in the same direction.
Pretty soon, my house will be just one big mass of white dogs

OK, so, for those of you who may want to know, why Westies. Well, I've had them as pets longer than Maltese. When my last girl developed kidney problems and was dying, I got one for show, and you know I just love the idea of raising my own show dogs. My girl came from the same person who bred Bruiser, and I was invited to become one of his owners. It's been a lot of fun these last two years, watching his progress and going to the shows. Second reason to have Westies...they love to run and play in the fields, and I just can't take my Maltese on this kind of adventure. By the way, my Westie girl thinks she is a Maltese when she is among all the Maltese girls. But, when she is outside, she is all terrier!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!! You must be so proud but....uhhh, where's the pictures!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow.. Bruiser sounds like a wonderful lil guy! Congradulations Bruiser!
You must be so proud. My step-daughter is owned by 2 Westies, and she loves her little guys more than anything.
She is coming in to visit on the 4th and bringing them both with her.. so my Bailey will be so very happy to have some playmates. Tasha (my older dog) isn't very playful anymore, so Bailey will be in heaven to have some one to run and play with.
They are such adorable little dogs... my neighbor also has a Westie and he and Bailey are the best of friends. Again... Congradulations on a job well done Bruiser!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the congrats. I'm partial to Maltese, but Westies run a close second. As I said, there are some things Maltese can't do.
As for Lucy, she is laying in my bed, reigning as the eldest member of my group. Lucy and my Westie are big buddies, and have fun playing chase. The little boy in my avitar is Lucy's grandson. I am having serious thoughts of selling him, if the right show home comes along, as I really don't have enough females to justify keeping him and his sire. I will be showing his sister, and his brother is in a show home already.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!! GO Bruiser!! This must be so exciting!! So that's him in the gallery, right? He is gorgeous.

How is Kim?? Is she much bigger by now? I just love puppies.

We are just about melting in the Nashville heat. We just got here a few days ago and it is so hot. Leaving without a car is a whole new experience.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by okw@Jun 25 2005, 01:44 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!  GO Bruiser!!  This must be so exciting!!  So that's him in the gallery, right?  He is gorgeous.

How is Kim??  Is she much bigger by now?  I just love puppies.

We are just about melting in the Nashville heat.  We just got here a few days ago and it is so hot.  Leaving without a car is a whole new experience.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75101
[/QUOTE]

I would rather be in Nashville right now than what I'm doing. I have nine more hours of continuing education to complete, so I've restricted myself to the computer. I'm doing one on mental illness and the elderly right now. It's interesting, but I would rather be playing. I had planned to come up this weekend. Looks like I might be up that way for the fourth. I'll be bringing Kim with me, and I'll come by the campus to let you love on her all you want to. She is running around all over the den now. Glory thinks she is her playmate and keeps jumping in her box. I'll do more pictures when I finish this task at hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts