Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I did not want to hijack the other brush thread.

I need a good brush for my malt, she has a very thick coat that is quite cotton wooly. I dont have her in full coat but I dont cut her very short either. She matts easily.

I have checked out some of Chris Christenson brushes and they are very expensive GBP40 - GBP50 here in the UK (ouch). So as you can understand I want to get the correct brush and not make a costly mistake.

I groom daily and each grooming I find at least one matt.

When Daisy has her bath, I groom her before, I then shampoo and condition her and then dry her using a brush to take out the tangles. After a bath she usually has many tangles and matts that were not there before the bath. Her fur is a bit high maintenance... A brush that will help get through tangles and matts would be priceless.

I use Earthbath Mango Tango shampoo and Fur Butter conditioner.

I can get hold of a Madan pin brush for GBP18 see this site, will this do the trick. I have read on here that some Malt owners swear by these brushes.. but for what use.

http://www.topdollar-grooming.co.uk/Brushes.html

Thanks for your advice.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I use John Paul detangling spray in the areas under the legs where most matting occurs with Rocky. It's wonderful and smells great. I also dry him using a blow dryer and a pin brush...just a little one. He sits on my lap while I blow him dry and brush him. They are a bit high maintenance but are so worth it..aren't they? I brush him every day too and bathe him once a week.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I love my Madan brush... it works equally well on my silkier haired pups as it does on my cottony (has a very distinct wave to it...have to keep her body short or it puffs it out straight/makes her look fat) Pip. You need to use a comb afterwards regardless though to make sure to get the little mats that slip through the brush

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.