Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have the #1 All Systems Pin brush. Now I would like to buy a slicker and one or two good quality combs. I have been looking at the Chris Christensen and the #1 All Systems ones. Are the CC slickers that much better (almost 3 times the price). What size should I get and do you recommend the triangular ones. I have been looking at the CC Buttercombs. They have a new longer tooth one that has medium and course teeth. I believe it is # 005. Does it make sense to get longer teeth. How do the #1All systems combs compare to the CC combs?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmom@Aug 15 2005, 08:37 PM
I already have the #1 All Systems Pin brush.  Now I would like to buy a slicker and one or two good quality combs.  I have been looking at the Chris Christensen and the #1 All Systems ones.  Are the CC slickers that much better (almost 3 times the price).  What size should I get and do you recommend the triangular ones.  I have been looking at the CC Buttercombs.  They have a new longer tooth one that has medium and course teeth.  I believe it is # 005.  Does it make sense to get longer teeth. How do the #1All systems combs compare to the CC combs?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90842
[/QUOTE]

For a silky coat, I still really like the #1 All Systems pin brush with the white pad.

Personally, I think the CC slickers are worth the money. MARK I X-SMALL HEAD SIZE IS 2" X 2 1/2" BODY LENGHT IS 6 1/2" is the size I use. Triangle ones are nice for armpits, but not an essential.

I actually use an original Greyhound comb (fine/medium). My combs have lasted for years and years. I lose them before I have a problem with them. I'm sure either the buttercomb or #1 AS would be fine.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have the #000 Buttercomb from CC. Lacey has soft, thick hair. Not long and straight nor is it cottony. Right now she is about 1.5 long for the summer. I love this comb. Before I had a comb I purchased from a local petstore and I cannot believe the difference. I also have the brush from CC. I mainly use the comb everyday to comb through her hair to make sure no matts.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If you are asking me I have Buttercomb #000 for $24.00. Second row down on the right side. It is a great all purpose comb. Has small teeth for doing Lacey's topknot and larger spaced teeth for when she is wet and I am combing through her wet hair. The smaller side is great for making sure that I find small matts before they become big.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts