Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two very close girlfriends who live together they had 6 Scotty dogs, but lost two last year,:bysmilie: a few weeks ago they found out their Lucy who is 12 is dying of cancer,:smcry: their vet doesn't think she will make it till Christmas, yesterday I went and saw Lucy she has no pain and looks healthy but we know it's just a matter of time before things change,:smcry: my friends shared with me today that they have a bucket list for their precious Lucy, it made me cry and then I thought how wonderful that they are taking her for special times and giving her some special treats that only she gets. tomorrow they are taking her to a farm, she loves sheep and cows so Lucy will have a very special day:wub: with her mommy's.
I love the idea of a bucket list for our sick babies, what do you think of it

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
hummm, interesting. What would you do for B&B? I think we all know Matilda would be getting a boat load of tiny balls to play with...:blush:

I'd have to take Archie for long walks .....a couple times a day.

I'd have to carry Abbey around and let her give me kisses and give her treats....lots and lots of treats! Her daddy would take her to the store every day, she loves that!

Ava, that's a tough one. I know I'd want to hold her and kiss her all day long, but i'm not sure what she would want. She's always making us happy, maybe that makes her happy too. ???

Tink - I'd go out and buy a ton of small stuffed toys, so many that he'd be completely covered by the toys.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate the thought but one day things will change and I will be looking at sending our B&B and Matilda to the bridge, just the thought makes me get chills and tear up.
I would take B&B on rides and even let her hang her head out the window so she could smell things, she loves walks so if she was able to walk I would take her on walks everyday, she would get treats, and lots of kisses. She loves to kiss and kiss lol, I wouldn't groom her as much, she hates it, I just can't imagine it without her in my life.

I just can't go there with Matilda it's to much for me my heart would be broken forever

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
This is something I don't want to even think about b/c I can't imagine life without my Ollie. I think if I had to it would be lot of chewey toys and walks.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Maybe we should live part of the bucket list everyday.. just in case. We don't always have time with them before diagnosis. I'm going to go sniffle now. Between that precious Zahra being found and this topic I'm due for a good cry. :(

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe we should live part of the bucket list everyday.. just in case. We don't always have time with them before diagnosis. I'm going to go sniffle now. Between that precious Zahra being found and this topic I'm due for a good cry. :(
I know Brit it breaks my heart to even go there. I do use part of the bucket list everyday, even in my own life

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Years ago when my first Malt (Scruffy) was terminal with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, I had managed to keep him going for at the time an unheard of 8 months after Dx. After being on prednisone for as many months there was one weekend where he was bouncy, playful, and very loving. I thought wonderful! he's better. As it turned out it was his last weekend. The following morning he had a vet appointment, when we returned home he refused to let me hand feed him as I had been doing for some time. I knew then he was ready to go, and the two days he was his old self was his way of saying good-bye. So in a way he had his own "Bucket List". It was to play, and see us laugh again.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
It's too sad for me to even think about. Live every day as if it's our last and love every person we care about like it is too.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
We live the bucket list every day too,you just never know when that last day might be.

Saw the news conference on Zarah,been following it since the beginning..

Such evil in the world.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
We try to live the bucket list everyday, too.

Mandy lives for her walks and balls. So, we walk every possible day we can, weather permitting. This week was gorgeous and we walked everyday except today. It was raining and cold.

Cody enjoys the walks, too. He also loves back massages daily.

Josey loves to play and ride in the stroller. I get down on the floor and play silly games with her.

When I lost our Bichon Frise, I cried and cried. I will never forget thinking how I should have spent more time with him while he was here. I felt so guilty for being so selfish. I will not have those thoughts when I lose Cody, Mandy, and Josey. I spend as much time with them doing what they love to do as I possibly can.

Paula, this is a great thread. I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy. That's wonderful what your friends are doing for her. I hope she enjoys the farm.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Live every day as if it's our last and love every person we care about like it is too.
yes, to fluffs, humans and other creatures - this is another valuable point! :thumbsup:

Just enjoy every little thing to the fullest :)

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I hate the thought but one day things will change and I will be looking at sending our B&B and Matilda to the bridge, just the thought makes me get chills and tear up.
I would take B&B on rides and even let her hang her head out the window so she could smell things, she loves walks so if she was able to walk I would take her on walks everyday, she would get treats, and lots of kisses. She loves to kiss and kiss lol, I wouldn't groom her as much, she hates it, I just can't imagine it without her in my life.

I just can't go there with Matilda it's to much for me my heart would be broken forever

When I said my reply, I was only trying to think of my kids favorite things....not about them dying - I don't go there in my head. No, I can't ever go there...

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I do not want to even think about it!!!!!

Ladie will turn this coming April 15th and at times, when the thought of not having her comes to mind, I brush it off! I do not want to think about not having her around! it is too sad for me!!!!!!

Life has taught me to live for today. After all, yesterday is gone and tomorrow is UNCERTAIN and NOT GUARANTEED for anyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts