Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this one is supposed to be for maggie but i may sell it, not sure yet, its a minature futon, it just has a standard pillow in it now, i am going to pad and cover the back also and cover the pillow in the same fabric to match...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Wow! :eek: That is really nice!
I look forward to seeing it when you have it all padded and covered too! Hmmm....you should sell these on the site...I am sure you would have many takers!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Good job, like always.

Hey Joe! On one of your other threads I posted pictures of other great looking beds. You should make those and see how much you can sell them on ebay for. Another suggestion for when you sell these on ebay is to show it unstained and so samples of what color you can stain them or paint them.
I can see one of the reasons why you like this color...Duh, it matches your furniture.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Joe, you are getting better and better at making these things!! How did you do on Ebay with the other one?? Just wondering. Overstock.com has a new on-line auction that is not as expensive as Ebay, but we tried it and were very unhappy with the way their "search" engine worked when trying to find something.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You did a great job on this bed Joe. It really looks like a futon...padding the back will make it that much more comfy. I agree, you should sell them on this site. What are the dimensions of this one? I can picture my three kids on these, wouldn't that be cute to see. The problem is I'm in Canada, so the shipping costs would probably make it too expensive for me. But I just love the bed
Well done!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I showed my husband the first three pictures of the futon. He said yeah looks good.
then i showed him the last one. he was in shock. ( that's amazing he said) He was not aware that it was for the puppies.
very eligant

I looks great.

p.s that would be great for us too. the pupies are always on our futon. They should have there own.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Chelsey@Mar 21 2005, 06:16 PM
I showed my husband the first three pictures of the futon.  He said yeah looks good.
then i showed him the last one.  he was in shock.  ( that's amazing he said)  He was not aware that it was for the puppies. 
  very eligant

I looks great.

p.s that would be great for us too. the pupies are always on our futon.  They should have there own.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45083
[/QUOTE]

haha, everyone i showed at work today was like wow, thats big, just happened to be the way i took the pics i guess, the inside fits a standard pillow, 20" x 26" i believe is what is was, 2 malts could sit on it but only one could "rest" on it comfortably, i'll try to get a pic of Maggie napping on it, shes the only one who will "pose" for me :lol:

Joe, you are getting better and better at making these things!! How did you do on Ebay with the other one??[/B]
the last one i sold for about 70.00 and some change including freight which was about 15.00, not much profit but i want to get a few out there and get some feedback so its worth it

what do you charge for something like[/B]
one like this i would like to get 80.00 to 100.00 plus shipping at least, its worth more " i think" but that a minimum, thanks for everyone's kind words, my next pet project will include custom pet steps and custom wooden pet gates

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Joe, you really should offer these beds for more than $100. Maybe you could provide a sample to Glamour Dog to see if she'd be interested in carrying your custom made beds. I have seen dog beds around here go for around $250+. And they weren't solid wood! And they didn't have coordinating bedding. Also, you may want to consider selling these to those of us here on SM. You could create a "for sale by Joe" folder with all of your wares. Just think, no e-bay fees to pay, and you don't have to ship the goods until the check clears! You really seem to have a talent for furniture making...don't sell your stuff for peanuts! It's worth much more.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 21 2005, 08:20 PM
Joe, you really should offer these beds for more than $100.  Maybe you could provide a sample to Glamour Dog to see if she'd be interested in carrying your custom made beds.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45117
[/QUOTE]

i have thought of that, maybe send her one on consignment, there is a lady in California who has emailed me about buying them wholesale, we'll see what happens, i know i am selling them for too cheap but like i said i want to get some real world feedback so i'm willing to take an initial loss to improve on what i'm doing, i'll be setting up a seperate website for the things i make soon

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Mar 21 2005, 08:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@Mar 21 2005, 08:20 PM
Joe, you really should offer these beds for more than $100.  Maybe you could provide a sample to Glamour Dog to see if she'd be interested in carrying your custom made beds.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45117
i have thought of that, maybe send her one on consignment, there is a lady in California who has emailed me about buying them wholesale, we'll see what happens, i know i am selling them for too cheap but like i said i want to get some real world feedback so i'm willing to take an initial loss to improve on what i'm doing, i'll be setting up a seperate website for the things i make soon
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45123
[/B][/QUOTE]
Have you thought about selling at a dog show? Lots of times exhibitors sell things or take orders for custom items at the vendor booths. Usually they are pretty inexpensive to exhibit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts