Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many people have babies that are bullies? What I mean is they are the ones that kind of "pick" on the other dogs by barking at them, etc.

I know Lexi is a bully.
We are trying to work on this and sometimes she is good but most of the time she is a bully. Unfortunatly she is teaching this to Nikki.

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lexi is a total brat when she meets new dogs. She tries to tell the other dog that she is the alpha. She will bark, growl, and snap at the other dog. Usually after the other dog barks or growls back at her they are best friends. Until then she will carry on. A couple of months ago when my neighbors got their puppy this continued for 2 weeks. Finally the puppy barked back. They've been best friends ever since.

One of my new neighbors have a westie that after the second meeting bark/growled back and lexi and snapped at her. LOL! She is afraid of the dog now. She wants nothing to do with him. He is a sweet dog too. He just got sick of her bullying him.

I'm really glad that Nikki growled back at Lexi right away. That got the hole alpha dog thing out of the way really quickly.

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by okw@Aug 4 2005, 03:49 PM
As I mentioned on the other thread...I have a total BULLY here.  Miko looks so sweet but goes after every bigger dog than him (which as you can imagine is most dogs).  With dogs his size or smaller, he is a total sweetie.  I am so frustrated with him.  On one hand...at least he keeps danger at bay because I know that he is bad with bigger dogs so I avoid them.  However, I always had dreams of owning a golden retriever or a big sweet dog like that one day. Lets just hope he won't be bullying our kids one day.

I was thinking about my reply and thought that I should be honest...Miko even bullies me around!!!  Ughhhhh
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87229
[/QUOTE]
Your post was what gave me the idea! I was like OMG! That sounds just like Lexi! Kind of makes me happy to know I'm not the only one with a dog like that.
I've had Lexi start barking at something and people look around expecting to see a huge dog, but all they see is Lexi! LOL They always get this suprised look on their faces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.