Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,286 Posts
As I mentioned on the other thread...I have a total BULLY here. Miko looks so sweet but goes after every bigger dog than him (which as you can imagine is most dogs). With dogs his size or smaller, he is a total sweetie. I am so frustrated with him. On one hand...at least he keeps danger at bay because I know that he is bad with bigger dogs so I avoid them. However, I always had dreams of owning a golden retriever or a big sweet dog like that one day. Lets just hope he won't be bullying our kids one day.

I was thinking about my reply and thought that I should be honest...Miko even bullies me around!!! Ughhhhh

· Registered
2,286 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 4 2005, 09:51 AM
Just wondering how many people have babies that are bullies?  What I mean is they are the ones that kind of "pick" on the other dogs by barking at them, etc.

I know Lexi is a bully. 
We are trying to work on this and sometimes she is good but most of the time she is a bully.  Unfortunatly she is teaching this to Nikki.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87157
[/QUOTE]

By the way...this is a great thread!!! I also think off and on about getting another dog and one of my concerns is that Miko would 1) bully the other puppy around and 2) teach other puppy to be a bully!!

· Registered
2,286 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Aug 4 2005, 03:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@Aug 4 2005, 04:49 PM
As I mentioned on the other thread...I have a total BULLY here.  Miko looks so sweet but goes after every bigger dog than him (which as you can imagine is most dogs).  With dogs his size or smaller, he is a total sweetie.  I am so frustrated with him.  On one hand...at least he keeps danger at bay because I know that he is bad with bigger dogs so I avoid them.  However, I always had dreams of owning a golden retriever or a big sweet dog like that one day. Lets just hope he won't be bullying our kids one day.

I was thinking about my reply and thought that I should be honest...Miko even bullies me around!!!  Ughhhhh
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87229
My first Malt, Rosebud, bullied me around, too. K & C don't do that at all and the experience with them is so much better. If you can do a few things to let him know who's boss, you will enjoy him even more than you do now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87261
[/B][/QUOTE]

As I mentioned before, we have done the "nothing in life is free approach", we met with behaviorist, talked to trainers and we constantly work on alpha issues and its really not a problem now. And when I say that, I am not just in denial either - I know when he acts out and exactly how I should be working with him. I was half-kidding about Miko bullying me. As I am alone with Miko now, I notice that alpha issues are non-existent when its just me and Miko. It seems that when there are more than 2 of us (with my husband around), that he feels we need a leader!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.