Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have heard alot of you talking about bully sticks on here. We give our pups greenies for treats but after the recent post on here about those I dont think they will be getting them any more. I have never been a fan of giving my dogs pig ears and raw hides it kinda grosses me out. What is so good about these bully sticks? why are they soooo expensive? Any thing else you recommend?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by sassy14830@Feb 9 2005, 01:04 AM
Hey I have heard alot of you talking about bully sticks on here. We give our pups greenies for treats but after the recent post on here about those I dont think they will be getting them any more. I have never been a fan of giving my dogs pig ears and raw hides it kinda grosses me out. What is so good about these bully sticks? why are they soooo expensive? Any thing else you recommend?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34356
[/QUOTE]

AS they are Beef Tendon,they are a natural chew thats SAFE. I buy them from a all natural web site.They offer them in 6 or 12 in. They last a VERY long time and are completly safe.They donot SWELL up like rawhide(I have stopped giving these because of that) & my boys LOVE them. The ones they sell in the pet stores are very thin in comparison to the ones from the web site I buy from.They also help clean the teeth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have always been told they are made from a bull's penis (which I suppose is a tendon of sorts). Should this not be true, then I've been had.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Found this on a website:
Macho Stix are a unique dog chew. These chews are made from, well how should we say this, BULL penises. We'll wait for you to stop laughing. ... ... Done? All NaturalThese are not rawhide chews. These come fresh from USDA inspected meat processing facilities. Not rendered meat like many other bully sticks (including many of our competitors). Your dogs will love them and you can feel comfortable knowing your dog is enjoying the highest quality chew treat you can get. This is a natural product so size does vary.
Analysis: Min. Protein 76%, Min. Fat 1%, Max Fiber 5%, Max. Moisture 15%[/B]

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Found another site:
Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.[/B]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Feb 9 2005, 12:40 PM
Found this on a website:
Macho Stix are a unique dog chew. These chews are made from, well how should we say this, BULL penises. We'll wait for you to stop laughing. ... ... Done? All NaturalThese are not rawhide chews. These come fresh from USDA inspected meat processing facilities. Not rendered meat like many other bully sticks (including many of our competitors). Your dogs will love them and you can feel comfortable knowing your dog is enjoying the highest quality chew treat you can get. This is a natural product so size does vary.
Analysis: Min. Protein 76%, Min. Fat 1%, Max Fiber 5%, Max. Moisture 15%
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34434
[/B][/QUOTE]

I cannot believe I read that!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
And for all of us who were squimish about lamb lungs........!

I never knew where bully sticks came from.

They say it's a good day when you learn something new. I dunno - maybe TOO much information?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i had to dissect on in school, so i knew what they were when i saw it. i just mentally can handle my male dog chewing on one LOL.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 9 2005, 02:39 PM
A woman must have come up with this product...I cannot see any man inventing a bully stick!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34463
[/QUOTE]

You are so right!!!!

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
ewwwwwwwwwww, I just bought one and it is 12"
then I decided to search here for it and see if it is safe. I don't think this is natural. I gotta go wash my hands now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
L.E. loves her bully sticks. Whenever someone asks us what she's chewing on we say "her peepee!" We all start laughing and then they ask what it really is and we say "her peepee!" It is kinda gross, but she loves them. We usually give her a little drink of water afterwards and before she licks us!

P

·
0 Posts
OMG Get the heck out of here!!!
This is what I have been giving my sweet baby boys???!! and doesn't it figure they just love them! I never knew that is the part they were made from!! Yuck!!
How Gross!!!
When I get home, we are brushing our teeth really really good! lol

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Feb 9 2005, 12:40 PM
Found this on a website:
<div class='quotemain'>Macho Stix are a unique dog chew. These chews are made from, well how should we say this, BULL penises. We'll wait for you to stop laughing. ... ... Done? All NaturalThese are not rawhide chews. These come fresh from USDA inspected meat processing facilities. Not rendered meat like many other bully sticks (including many of our competitors). Your dogs will love them and you can feel comfortable knowing your dog is enjoying the highest quality chew treat you can get. But don't they always say SIZE DOESN'T MATTER?????????????????????

1 - 20 of 33 Posts