Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone have had any problems with bully sticks? Miko seems tired of all his chewies (except for greenies, but we try to limit these). Other then what they are made off (bull's penis?), are bully sticks supposed to be healthier than rawhides or healthy in general? Are dingos better or worse? He really isn't crazy about nylabones anymore

Thanks in advance for your replies

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by mee@May 21 2005, 12:13 PM
jongee loves her bullysticks, she chews on it all day

but watch out for kisses after chewing on them, their breath can smell and taste real bad 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64117
[/QUOTE]

Mee,

The smell is why I stopped giving them to Miko in the first place!! But then he really does not want any other ones now so I guess its back to bully sticks!! Do you get the braided ones or the straight ones?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by okw@May 21 2005, 02:22 PM
Mee,

The smell is why I stopped giving them to Miko in the first place!!  But then he really does not want any other ones now so I guess its back to bully sticks!!  Do you get the braided ones or the straight ones?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64118
[/QUOTE]

yea the smell can be soo gross and knowing its made from bulls penis is so sick too

dr. cathy said that it helps clean their teeth too so thats another reason why i give it to jongee... i get the long straight ones from petco (i hate petco but my petsmart dont have any bullysticks) , ive never seen the braided ones before at any of the stores either

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by mee+May 21 2005, 12:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@May 21 2005, 02:22 PM

Mee,

The smell is why I stopped giving them to Miko in the first place!!  But then he really does not want any other ones now so I guess its back to bully sticks!!  Do you get the braided ones or the straight ones?
yea the smell can be soo gross and knowing its made from bulls penis is so sick too

dr. cathy said that it helps clean their teeth too so thats another reason why i give it to jongee... i get the long straight ones from petco (i hate petco but my petsmart dont have any bullysticks) , ive never seen the braided ones before at any of the stores either
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64120
[/B][/QUOTE]

I was just in Petco today (I totally hate it too) but they do have the braided/twistet kind. It looks like a braid that you would have on your hair. Let me try to find a picture of it on web!

http://www.jonesnaturalchews.com/beef_prod...f_products.html

Its the one on the right side, 6th one down, called the braided stick

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the braided ones are a little easier to eat...and dont smell that bad. i think they smell like peanut butter. lol.

if you go to a small petstore, you might be able to find 3 foot bully sticks. and they're a long stick and take a long time to eat.

with the braided ones, you have to watch how much they eat (cuz they're easy to eat). with the stick ones, that look thick like the first pic on that website you showed......it takes FOREVER to eat.

and they're way healthier than rawhide because they cant swallow a big piece and choke or get trapped into their intestines or whatever.

and dingo sticks---are just rawhid with chicken jerky.

all we carry in my house are bulls penis.
lol.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by mee+May 21 2005, 12:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw

Mee,

[/B][/QUOTE]

Have u ever been to Centinela Pet Supplies? They're a lot cheeper than Petsmart, Petco etc. I always go there!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Lani+May 21 2005, 12:53 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 12:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-okw

Mee,

[/QUOTE]

Have u ever been to Centinela Pet Supplies? They're a lot cheeper than Petsmart, Petco etc. I always go there!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64130
[/B][/QUOTE]

Lani,

Where is it located?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Costa Mesa/714-540-4036

Culver City/310-572-6107/5299 Sepulveda Blvd.

Bevery Hills/310-246-0367/331 North Robertson Blvd.

Long Beach/562-494-1660/4700 PCH

Los Angeles/310-398-2134/3860 Centinela Ave.

Rancho Palos Verdes/310-547-3008/28901 Western Ave.

Santa Monica/310-451-7140/1448Lincoln Blvd.

Torrance/310-373-4437/22840 Hawthorne Blvd.

Westchester/310-216-9261/7600 S Sepulveda Blvd.

West LA/310-473-5099/11055 Pico Blvd.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
taco is CUTE!!! here's a pic of a 3ft bully stick (the ends are a little chewed...so its not quite 3 ft).

and sprite was tired...she didnt want it. she only wants it if someone is chewing on it. LOL

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jong-ee and Taco are too cute!!!

Cathy, that a super duper long bully stick! Where do get it?

I will get the camera out sometime tonight (or maybe tommorow) to take pics of Miko with his bully stick

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
there are two places that i know of that sell that long of a stick:

Pet Adventure in Canyon Country, CA

and

Bree's Pet Depot in Valencia, CA

each one of these bully sticks are $8

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut and Tic love Bully Sticks, but I have a dumb question. Are pizzle sticks the same thing? There was also another name but I can't remember it.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, bully sticks and pizzle sticks are the same thing. i've heard bull wrinkles---but i'm not sure if thats the same thing.

my family and i have a system to know the difference between the harder/thicker bully sticks from the easy to eat/thats SORTA clear (like the braided sticks).

well, we say that the bully sticks are the thicker ones. and pizzle sticks are the easy to eat ones.

we let gruffi chew bully sticks all the time. he's only allowed a pizzle stick in the car...and he's not allowed to eat a whole one or else he gets diahhrea.

i hope i made sense. it'd be great if everyone used this system(but they dont
). LOL.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Thanks Dr.Cathy!!!!! Bullwrinkles is the name that I couldn't remember. I always dig through the box at the pet store to find the good thick ones

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Mine LOVE bullysticks and now that I started to carry them they have them ALL the time which they LOVE!!

Here is a pic of Rocky chewing one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts