Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Buster has a couple of areas of red skin(on his back and by his neck) it looks like he is sunburned also his hair in those areas turns beige next to skin(when he has a bath it comes clean). He only seems itchy at his neck and it looks worse there. I had an appointment last week with the vet but they cancelled because her daughter was sick, so now we go on Monday. 2 more days. Has anyone had an experience with a problem like this? I'll let you know what the vet says on Monday. I'm so worried about my baby boy.
Cindy

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Sounds like allergies to me. Sir N has had trouble with that in the past. He often seems "dirty" in the affected areas. I think it is skin cells, but I don't know for sure. Try using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioning and perhaps spraying a little tea tree oil spray on him. (The kind meant to be sprayed on dogs) But before you do, get a little sample of it just in case it hasn't reappeared by the time the vet visit rolls around.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Apr 9 2005, 06:52 PM
Sounds like allergies to me.  Sir N has had trouble with that in the past.  He often seems "dirty" in the affected areas.  I think it is skin cells, but I don't know for sure.  Try using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioning and perhaps spraying a little tea tree oil spray on him.  (The kind meant to be sprayed on dogs)  But before you do, get a little sample of it just in case it hasn't reappeared by the time the vet visit rolls around.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50944
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much---You were right
The Vet said it was either food or
enviromental allergies. He likes to eat the cat food so maybe thats it

Busters Mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts