Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buster has allergies, we don't know what from. We are thinking pollen since its springtime. I have him on Natural Balance food, absolutely natural shampoo, benadryl if he seems itchy, and I have been putting colloidal silver on his skin and I give him fish oil and evening of primrose oil. Its been 3 weeks and his skin is still red in spots(around neck, and back). When will it go back to normal?? Do I have to wait till summer if he is allergic to pollen. It doesn't bother him but I worry.

Cindy, busters mom

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
He could have a secondary bacterial infection on his skin so he should see the vet. It is not normal for it to remain red and irritated.

How often do you bathe him? I bathe my allergy boy more frequently during pollen season because he gets it in his coat and I'm sure that aggravates his allergies.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been bathing him 2 times a week, maybe I should do it more. The natural Balance is the venison and brown rice, he loves it.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
At the vet visit, you might ask about a medicated shampoo, too. That may help soothe him during allergy season. BTW, once the vet sells you one bottle, Revival Animal Health carries most of the shampoos if you want to get it cheaper. Just make sure you follow the directions for how long to have them sit in it. Some are 10-15 minutes, but it makes a big difference.

I've also heard of using the Aveeno oatmeal bath for people for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts