Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I wanted to thank you all for your input/reviews/suggestions on frontloading washers & dryers. I still haven't decided on one, but it will most likely be one of these models:

LG - SteamWasher 4.8 Cu. Ft. Ultra Capacity Washer - Graphite Steel - WM3875HVCA

Samsung - 4.5 Cu. Ft. 14-Cycle Steam Washer - White - WF448AAW

Sears: Appliances, Tools, Electronics, Apparel and more from Craftsman, Kenmore, Diehard and other Leading Brands

These models are quite a bit cheaper online than in the retail stores...so my question is: Is there an advantage to purchasing an appliance like this from an actual store?

I've already tried them all out in the stores, but I don't think Best Buy, Sears, Home Depot, or Lowes will price match the online prices I've found because they aren't retail stores. Of course, I will give them the option to price match, but they will likely say no. The online places have free shipping AND no tax which saves about $200 (8.7% in my city) just on tax here in WA state.

Stores themselves don't repair the appliances if anything were to go wrong (other than Sears), LG or Samsung would contact an authorized repair person if I needed something fixed so I am not seeing a benefit to purchasing from a retail store.

Am I missing something? :blink::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
257 Posts
my parents have the last one by samsung. i believe they bought it online to save on the taxes too. they live in washington as well!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Delivery. I know you said shipping is free. But if they unload your machines in your driveway it is going to be up to you to get them inside and hooked up. A local store will install the machines, check if they work, and dispose of your old ones. I buy a lot online, but this is something I wouldn't.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Delivery. I know you said shipping is free. But if they unload your machines in your driveway it is going to be up to you to get them inside and hooked up. A local store will install the machines, check if they work, and dispose of your old ones. I buy a lot online, but this is something I wouldn't.
We are wanting to do the installation ourselves, as well as give our old washer/dryer to someone on Craigslist that may need working ones so we do not need disposal of the old units.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I think, not sure, you can order on line & pu at store.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Here's something else to consider -

If the machines are delivered by a big rig, will one fit down your street, AND be able to get turned around to leave? If my memory is functioning correctly, I think you live in an apartment - I cannot think of one apartment complex we delivered to or picked up from where our rig fit. Before you place your order you should ask all the obstacle questions. If the machines can get close to your door, money usually talks, so if you wave a $20 or so under the drivers nose he might even get them INTO your house/garage. :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's something else to consider -

If the machines are delivered by a big rig, will one fit down your street, AND be able to get turned around to leave? If my memory is functioning correctly, I think you live in an apartment - I cannot think of one apartment complex we delivered to or picked up from where our rig fit. Before you place your order you should ask all the obstacle questions. If the machines can get close to your door, money usually talks, so if you wave a $20 or so under the drivers nose he might even get them INTO your house/garage. :)
You must have me confused with someone else, as my husband and I do not live in an apartment complex...we own a home on a regular residential street so there is plenty of room for standard delivery via semi, moving truck, etc. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts