Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all three of my kids went to the Vet. today.
They all got chipped( they didnt let out a peep!So proud of them)
Lamby got a well check since she was new and Bailey got his nails clipped. Kirbie has a eye infection..likely to allergies the Vet said so he got meds. for that.
Then I bought their Frontline and Interceptor for 6 months.
Oh and all three got blood drawn for annual heartworm.
All in all $383.00 :eek:
So needless to say I didnt go shopping afterwords

Aww,but ya gotta love um
They all got a clean bill of heath except for Kirbies eyes !!!!!!
Plus I paid off my daughters balance of $ 60.00.donno what kid is worse
LOL

·
Registered
894 Posts
WOW, that'll put a crimp in your style for awhile!! I thank you for being such a great Mom and such a responsible pet owner. I know the cost of just Sisse, and she is healthy!! I can't imagine caring for more than 1 or for a pup like Lady....Marj is a fantastic and dedicated person for all the time and $$$ Lady has cost. I know that I love Lady, and I don't even know her!! Her story is so sad, but with Marj's love Lady has a great life now......

just an addition, after reading and learning so much on this fantastic site, I have started a "Sisse" account to pay for possible future problems as she is from a BYB....

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
makes me thank god that i'm not old enough to live on my own haha. just when i'm craving independence..

yeah vet fees are insane, lucy's spay + microchipping cost us over 300 dollars
dunno how.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I hear ya on the Vet bills... haha
I just went to the emergency hospital and it cost $94 just for the VISIT to get in to see a doctor... does NOT include any treatments.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad everyone checked out A-OK!

Kisses to all your babies!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Izzy went to the vet yesterday also. She had her final series of shots, her rabies shot, 2 heartworm treatment tablets (for later use), she got her nails clipped and her ear hairs pulled out. We also got a vet certificate saying she's up to date on her shots and she has a clean bill of health to fly. I didn't ask the vet to pull her ear hairs, he was examining her ears and just plucked them. The total bill for everything came to $49.95. We live in a very rural area.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Whoever said Love don't cost a thing, LIED! PUAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm glad all is well with your precious, beautiful, LUCKY babies!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 30 2005, 07:51 PM

WOW, that'll put a crimp in your style for awhile!!  I thank you for being such a great Mom and such a responsible pet owner.  I know the cost of just Sisse, and she is healthy!!  I can't imagine caring for more than 1 or for a pup like Lady....Marj is a fantastic and dedicated person for all the time and $$$ Lady has cost.  I know that I love Lady, and I don't even know her!!  Her story is so sad, but with Marj's love Lady has a great life now......

just an addition, after reading and learning so much on this fantastic site, I have started a "Sisse" account to pay for possible future problems as she is from a BYB....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47576
[/QUOTE]

That's so sweet of you to say that!

Actually (and knock on wood!), my vet bills really haven't been that bad in the past few years. The first couple of years with Lady were awful with a new disease a year, plus a couple of near death crises. I was on a perpetual payment plan with my vet it seemed!

We seem to have figured out the right combination of meds, insulin, etc. and so far, no new ailments. All her bloodwork last Fall was in the normal range. I also do a lot of maintenance at home (blood and urine tests at home) and my vet is wonderful about phone consults (no charge!!!).

All the meds, diabetic supplies and supplements are expensive, but it is so rewarding to see a dog that was left to die, then diagnosed with so many serious diseases/health conditions, doing so well. I read that the average life expectancy after dx of diabetes was only 1 year and most dogs go blind. We are in our 4th year and Lady's eyesight is still perfect. Her seizures are under control and down to only a couple a year (when I adopted her she had them several times a week). She has severe inflamatory arthritis and 2 years ago I had to walk her in sling. My vet told me that I would probably have to carry her in a purse/carrier. Well, you should have seen her running up and down the hall this morning! Her grade 1 heart murmur has never gotten any worse, either.

Life is good!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 30 2005, 09:38 PM
I hear ya on the Vet bills... haha
I just went to the emergency hospital and it cost $94 just for the VISIT to get in to see a doctor... does NOT include any treatments.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47612
[/QUOTE]

Is everything okay?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts