Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I have a friend who has Celiac Disease - she can't eat wheat, gluten and dairy. It was her birthday on Sunday and I really want to surprise her by making her a cake - she thinks she can't have any...

Can anyone help me with a wheat, gluten & dairy free recipe??

LOL I told her that I would make her one, even if it meant mashing together fresh fruit & veges and making it into a patty like a cake!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I have two friends who have Celiac. They go to the health foods store and buy mixes that are gluten free. They claim that they're pretty good. I'll find out more info tomorrow and let you know.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Apr 25 2005, 08:33 PM
I have two friends who have Celiac.  They go to the health foods store and buy mixes that are gluten free.  They claim that they're pretty good.  I'll find out more info tomorrow and let you know.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56598
[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi,
I had lunch with my friend who has Celiac today. She says that she buys gluten free cake mixes at the health food store. She didn't remember the brand name (and it might be different for you anyway), but said that the angel food is particularly good. An icing recipe that calls for shortening and powdered sugar should work fine. Hope you find something that will work.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Apr 27 2005, 05:10 PM
Hi,
I had lunch with my friend who has Celiac today.  She says that she buys gluten free cake mixes at the health food store.  She didn't remember the brand name (and it might be different for you anyway), but said that the angel food is particularly good.  An icing recipe that calls for shortening and powdered sugar should work fine.  Hope you find something that will work.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57347
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your help!

I went to one of the health food shops yesterday - one that I haven't been to before - and they had SOOOO much!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts