Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the recipe I got from Toby's mom and I made it for Caesar's birthday. It was VERY easy to make and he just loved it, so I thought I would post it here so others can find it if they wanna make a cake for their baby.

Ingredients:
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey (optional)
1 egg

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly. Bake in a greased ring mold at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. You may frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with some carrot pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
(Dogs will eat this without the honey added)

·
Registered
15 Posts
oh my gosh! cake recipes for your dog!!!
...wow you sure do love love your baby ( i love to cook i think i might make mugsy some cake!)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thank's much! I was trying to find a way to make a cake for Ty-Ty's B-Day, and I'm sure he'll just love it! Maybe I'll invite other dogs to his b-day! :lol: His birthday is on May 5th.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
This isn't one for our furkids but for my birthday, my friend made me a Maltese cake. It was melted by the time the photos were taken.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Originally posted by Cappy@Feb 28 2005, 12:26 AM
Aw, you're friend made it themself? Oh no! You ate the poor maltese?

Just kidding. :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38322
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Do you see the bottom layer? I forced everyone to share the bottom layer and we took the top layer home. We put it in the fridge and eventually, it went rotten and we threw it out

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I found this online when it was time for Fantasia's birthday. I didn't end up making it though. I really wanted to but we didn't get a chance to pick up the stuff to make it. It's the same as the above recipe but I like this one because it shows pictures and they add creative decorating.

http://www.ljcfyi.com/ljcsProjects/cooking/dogCake.html

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Did you use the same recipe? What did you use for decorations? Looks like butterscotch or peanut butter drops on the side.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
This look excellent!

Now, for a silly question - how much do you let your precious little ones eat? Do you slice it up into normal human serve sizes or just a little slice??

Thank you

1 - 20 of 32 Posts