Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m jainelle and this is my multipoo Callie only 10 weeks old! We are in love with her! We are finding it hard getting her used to the lead she point blank refuses to move when it’s on, we are a very active family and want her to be apart of our walks, and frequent days out. Help! Xx
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Ear Fawn

Dog breed Felidae Comfort Carnivore Fawn

Dog Dog supply Carnivore Dog breed Couch

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
First of all, your little Callie is absolutely adorable!! However, and please do not be offended, but the Breeder that you got Callie from should have not let her go until she was at least 12-14 weeks old. She is too young to be away from her Mother and her other littlermates. As far as not wanting to be on her lead, you will have to have a lot of patience since she is so very young. At 10 weeks of age, she is not used to having to be put on a lead yet and does not quite no what to make of it. I am sure that there will be others that will come along and offer you their advice as well. In the meantime, I would just try taking her out or even waling her in the house a little bit at a time. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Some people recommend putting a lead on the young dog in the house and letting her drag it around, so that she gets used to it.

I hope your puppy has alll of her vaccinations before you take her out to public places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts