Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to see Callie use the ramp to get up on the bed at home. I've tried to get her to use it and she acts like she's terrified so I don't push it. Besides, with her jumping off the bed that one day, I decided it was actually better that she could not get up there by herself. One morning the other week I was holding Jett in my lap while checking emails. I carried him with me into my bedroom and placed him on the bed as I prepared to get ready to take a shower. I came back out of the bathroom to find Callie to put her in her expen and here both she AND Jett were on the bed. I thought, did I really have Callie in my lap and carry HER to the bed thinking it was Jett? I've been really tired lately but I just couldn't believe it. Kind of shook me just a bit.

Fast forward to this morning and I do the exact same thing. Jett likes some cuddling time in the morning after breakfast while I check my email, before I get ready for work. This past week I am thankfully not so exhausted and KNOW I carried Jett into the bedroom and placed him on the bed. When I came back into the bedroom, here Jett AND Callie were, both on the bed again! So that little stinker is using the ramp to get up on the bed when I'm not watching. And here I really thought I was losing it. lol
AND...she acts like she's afraid to use it when I'm there watching her. Go figure. :HistericalSmiley: Like I said...I think she's playing with my mind. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
They are so smart, Crystal! So you haven't seen her using the ramp yet?
Or do you think she's may be jumping on the bed?

Where did you get the ramp from? Sounds really good. Ullana doesn't go stairs so I thought about a ramp, too!

Thanks in advance, Crystal!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are so smart, Crystal! So you haven't seen her using the ramp yet?
Or do you think she's may be jumping on the bed?

Where did you get the ramp from? Sounds really good. Ullana doesn't go stairs so I thought about a ramp, too!

Thanks in advance, Crystal!

Alexandra :wub:
Oh it's a ramp I sell. Here's a link to a thread here on SM that shows Jett using it here at the store.

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/64-picture-posts/104564-would-you-want-guy-wait-you.html

Here's the link to my store.

Companion Ramp

And nope, I've still not seen Callie use it! lol But there's no way she could ever jump up on my bed. She did try one time and didn't even make it half way.:blush:

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
:HistericalSmiley: you are losing your mind Crystal:smtease: I think you met your match with that little :innocent::heart: she's a wild child:dancing banana::LOL: I just love her little personality:tender::tender:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I don't know how I missed the older thread with Jett taking
care of customer service, but he's my kind of cashier. How
cute is he!!! I would shop at your store in minute. I wish
that I lived closer!

I got Harry a ramp a while ago and he refused to use it. Of course,
Teddy and Ben, who can jump on the couch with no problem, used
the ramp all of the time. They definitely are tricky :wub::wub:.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
My favorite Lhasa, Shorty, my baby girl and soulmate was a Houndini Doggie. When she was about 7 months old, I had placed her in a wire crate and latched the door shut. About 2-3 minutes later, there she was, sitting on my bed. No one else was home except for the other fluffs (no humans).

I went back to the crate and it was securely fastened. I was beside myself wondering how the heck she got out of the crate. I finally noticed that the bottom latch on the door wasn't shut -- just the top latch and the only thing I could figure was that she somehow squeezed her little body out the bottom where it wasn't securely latched. To this day, it remains somewhat of a mystery to me.

Anyway, I do know how they mess with our minds and make us scratch our heads. :blink:

Callie -- you are a little twit (just like my Tilly). You just keep your Mom guessing!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
oh, how cute that Callie is doing that, LOL!!:wub:
i bet you were so surprised when you saw her up there!!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I'm picturing Jett throwing a rope down the side of the bed while Callie climbs up it hehe! Very superman or something.

Too cute Crystal.....little Callie doesn't want you to think she's too independent yet! Wants her mommy to still carry her into bed. How darn cute is that?!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm picturing Jett throwing a rope down the side of the bed while Callie climbs up it hehe! Very superman or something.

Too cute Crystal.....little Callie doesn't want you to think she's too independent yet! Wants her mommy to still carry her into bed. How darn cute is that?!
Silly Tammy....Jett doesn't need a rope. He has his cape and could just fly her up onto the bed.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Yup, she's messing with your mind, Crystal. :w00t: I'd keep an eye on where furniture is, your jewelry, the remote. She's probably capable of anything just to make mommy stand there and scratch her head saying, "I could have sworn that I..." She a twicky twixter but so darn cute. :wub::wub: and just seeing those Jett pix at the store again made me sigh. Jett's so incredible.:chili:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
ahaha I call Yeager a little stinker all the time too! Just gotta love them. My first thought after finishing your post was, did Callie jump up on there? But I guess that's not the case since I tried coaxing Yeager to jump on my bed before, but he didn't look like he had it in him.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh that is just tooo funny!! :HistericalSmiley:I can just envision your reaction to seeing her on the bed! !:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall? I think you need a Callie cam. It would be a hoot to catch her in the act.

No you are not losing your mind, losing your mind is talking to a package of toilet paper....'Oh hello how are you??" in babytalk, thinking that it is Jodi. I had been grocery shopping and there was a package on the floor that I hadn't put away yet and I just saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was Jodi coming out to greet me.:blink:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Crystal, I'm picturing (my) Jett flying down in his tights ( :blush:) to get his new lil sister......of course I could be all wrong.....it must be the tights that got me mixed up.....

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall? I think you need a Callie cam. It would be a hoot to catch her in the act.

No you are not losing your mind, losing your mind is talking to a package of toilet paper....'Oh hello how are you??" in babytalk, thinking that it is Jodi. I had been grocery shopping and there was a package on the floor that I hadn't put away yet and I just saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was Jodi coming out to greet me.:blink:
roflol...now that IS bad!:HistericalSmiley:

Ok get this. I'm sitting on the bed for almost an hour. I'm eating a little snack. I get some treats. Zoe & Jett are on the bed getting treats. Callie is on the floor BEGGING to be picked up and put on the bed. I feel terrible...like a mean mom. And am even more perplexed. I go into the master bathroom and shut the door partially. And yes, I spy out the crack of the door where the hinges are. :embarrassed: And as quick as can be, she trots up that ramp and up on the bed! Now why on earth does she act like she's not able to get up there on her own in front of me?:huh:

Where are those behaviorists at? Jackie???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts