Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I'm already a nervous wreck!! Dang...why do I get so worked up over stuff like this? Could you remember my little girl in your prayers today and tomorrow please?

Also, just the past couple of days I've noticed really bad breath from her. I'm brushing her teeth but that isn't helping. She has several baby teeth that need to come out. She's 13 months now and they should have come out sooner but I didn't want to put her under a general twice and wanted to wait until she was a year...and hopefully got to 4lbs...which she did! :thumbsup: ... before scheduling her spay. Could retained baby teeth cause the odor? It's not a Periodontal smell at all. It makes me think of the odor I would smell after an extraction at the dental office and the tooth was pretty much rotted. But you didn't smell the odor with the patient prior to the extraction. Or maybe I just didn't get close enough. :w00t: :HistericalSmiley:

UPDATE:

SHE'S DONE!! WOOHOO!!!! :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili:

All went well and I need to call back around 4 to see if she's ok to be picked up. They normally keep them overnight so they are making an exception for me.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes! I'm going to scee-da-dal on out of the restaurant I've been sitting at all morning! I'm thinking the waitress will be glad to see me go! lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good luck Callie..you will do just fine. Tell the Dr. to check your toofies too :Good luck::tender:

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Aww good luck to Callie!!

The retained teeth is probably the cause for the odor but your vet will be able to determine that (as you know :) )

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I will be thinking of you and Callie and sending lots of prayers your way. It isn't just you -- I think all of us get very anxious about surgery for our little white fluffs. It seems to be much harder on us Moms than on the actual fluffs.

I'm guessing that one of her baby teeth is probably loose and that's what's causing the odor.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
You and Callie will be in my prayers.

Summer was spayed just before I got her and even though I hadn't met her at the time, I was still worried about her on the day it was being done...And Chloe of cause, I was a nervous wreck when she was being spayed. So needless to say, we can't help but worrying and being nervous. It will be over before you know it and a distant memory.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I'll be thinking of Callie tomorrow but try not to worry. She'll be OK, I would be worrying too thou.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Good luck to Callie (and you tomorrow). Mention about her teeth when you meet with the doctor before the operation.

And if she needs to have the teeth pulled tomorrow, also tell him to clean them if it is needed. When Ava had her teeth pulled, I didn't know to say that....soon after her teeth were pulled.....the vet told me she had some tarter :angry:!!!!! Why on earth wouldn't they clean them while they were in there!!! :smilie_tischkante:

I'm sure she'll be fine, but I totally can relate to how you feel, I was there last week.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Callie is gonna do great. I know you'll be a worried mama but she'll be fine. Extra prayers are on the way for her and you.

As far as her teeth...probably her baby teeth just need to be pulled but I have noticed that even though I brush B&E the same amount, Benny's breath never smells as fresh as Emma's. Could be a genetic thing w/the breath. I have a feeling though Callie's mouth will be fresh and clean and everything will be fine Miss Crystal!!!

Lots of x's and o's! I'll be thinking of you all xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I am sure you are nervous, as we all would be. But it will be all over before you know it. :grouphug: all the best little one :tender:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I know how you feel, Crystal! I was a nervous wreck too. Bijou bounced back within 48 hours, and never even bothered her stitches! I'm sure Callie will do just the same!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I will say a prayer for Callie.....I know she will do fine. Crystal, have her teeth cleaned also besides just checking her teeth. I know how you feel, we all go through this but she will do well. Is your vet using the right anesthesia? Please keep us informed and we will do the praying~~~:wub:

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
I am holding my breath in Athens. . . any word?

·
Registered
590 Posts
You and callie are in my thoughts tommarrow, Max had to have 13 teeth pulled when he had his neuter done..I did it at the same time so he was only under once. So ask the vet if he can do it at the same time. Plus he had problems chewing his food.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I know how you feel but I'm sure it will be fine. Keep us posted!
Hugs and prayers for you and Callie:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
Callie will be just great! But, I will say prayers that Callie will be up and running in no time ... and, that her Mommy will get some rest and not worry too, too much. I know, we all worry anyway.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I will keep Callie in my thoughts, and I'm sure she'll do great and have a speedy recovery afterwards!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Crystal,

Lucy is going tomorrow also - I will keep Callie in my thoughts - let me know how she is tomorrow night, please - I'll do the same.

Allie

1 - 20 of 54 Posts