Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Calling all Texans

6K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  edelweiss 
#1 ·
I will be in Austin and want to think about a small meet-up w/any Texans who may be so inclined. . . and of course, the babies! Feel free to bring along or invite anyone---the more the merrier. I am sort of thinking a picnic someplace like Barton Springs or Ziegler Park or ???? Suggestions welcome. Very informal.

My suggested date is Oct 13th---a Saturday. If you are interested do let me know ASAP as I will otherwise engage myself. :wub:

#6 ·
OK, so it is a go!!!!!!!!
Can you all make some suggestions to what time on that Sat? If we get some ideas of what might work I will go to work nailing it all down!
I LOVE these SM meet-ups & even if it ends up being very small I am still open to meeting w/anyone who wants to meet!
I don't know exactly where I will be staying yet, so place will continue to be a mystery for now, but it will be in Austin!

#10 ·
Just thought to add that you don't have to be a Texan to come to this meet-up! If you want to come from further away, you are most welcome!

#12 ·
Only 20 hrs. & 2 min. Think about how far it is for me to come! :HistericalSmiley:
Oh but the joy!

#16 ·
Although I'm mostly a lurker and rarely post - I live in Austin and would love to attend! I look forward to hearing more info.

One word of caution though - Oct 12-14 is ACL (ACL Music Festival ~ Oct. 12-14, 2012 ~ Zilker Park, Austin, Texas), which is a LARGE 3 day music festival, so anywhere in the area of Zilker park will be out of the question really, because of the crowds.

This may cause the airport to be crowded as well, just as a heads up.

Austin is very dog friendly though so there are plenty of other options.

I'll try to think of some good suggestions as well. This is very exciting!

Kendra

#17 ·
Although I'm mostly a lurker and rarely post - I live in Austin and would love to attend! I look forward to hearing more info.

One word of caution though - Oct 12-14 is ACL (ACL Music Festival ~ Oct. 12-14, 2012 ~ Zilker Park, Austin, Texas), which is a LARGE 3 day music festival, so anywhere in the area of Zilker park will be out of the question really, because of the crowds.

This may cause the airport to be crowded as well, just as a heads up.

Austin is very dog friendly though so there are plenty of other options.

I'll try to think of some good suggestions as well. This is very exciting!

Kendra
So that's why all the hotels are booked in the area that weekend! Thanks for the heads up. I hope I get to meet you there!

#24 ·
In all honesty, I can't remember why this was cancelled---I think in the end I had to cancel my trip to Austin---but Austin is a place I always go back to so ONE DAY. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.