Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of autumn is Wednesday, September 22nd. Please join me that night in lighting a candle for our babies at the Bridge, letting them know we will always remember them.

With great sorrow I am letting you know my Sweet Love Fallon went to the Bridge on August 23rd. At the end of July she survived a bout of pancreatitis nicely, back to her old beautiful self. 2 weeks later, her back legs just turned to rubber, almost flippy floppy. Dr. did a thorough exam and diagnosed her with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction = dementia. He was crushed while explaining it. The first thing I thought was ok, it’s not seizures or some horrid disease. We can do this, we’re 3 old ladies. Me, Darla and Fallon. I was trying to console my Dr. not realizing the severity of it all.

The signs were there. Hearing goes first, then the eyes. Fallon was the happiest baby I ever knew. I attributed these signs to getting older. That’s all. During the summer she fell into a pool twice, not seeing the edge of the deck. Still, she was happy and playful. I was so proud to have teenagers. No one believed they were 14.5 yrs old. For 2 weeks I gave my Sweet Love round the clock care. It happened so fast. Her brain couldn’t tell her what to do anymore. Dr. promised me she was never in pain. Fallon passed in my arms.

The pain is excruciating. I must stay strong for my midge, Darla. To lose a littermate, a sister I imagine is excruciating, as well. We’re going through days of firsts. Darla in the backseat of the car, crying then barking because she’s alone. Steve taking her to the groomer by herself. People asking me where’s the sister? Me going into a grocery store and Photograph by Ringo Starr is playing and I can’t stop sobbing. Getting the girls dog license renewals in the mail.

Fallon was a mixture of every animal I love. That’s how good she was. A friend of my just told me the only bad thing dogs do is leave us. So true.
Love, Kerry

Here’s my Sweet Love:

Head Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed

Here‘s her favorite song:

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,024 Posts
Kerry,

I am so sorry Fallon passed away. I know how hard it is.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Walter. I know you know. I’ve always said it’s such a shitty fact of life.
xo

·
Super Moderator
10,311 Posts
Kerry, it is so good to hear from you even though it is a sad post. My Sweetness left us in April - kidney failure. Sending you hugs!

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,898 Posts
Kerry, I have often wondered about how you are. . . so happy to hear from you but so, so sorry for the reason that brought you here! 'Sending you warmest hugs, love & peace. It is so painful to lose these little babies---please know that although we can't change anything we are w/you in your grief.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kerry, it is so good to hear from you even though it is a sad post. My Sweetness left us in April - kidney failure. Sending you hugs!
Oh Maggie, please accept my condolences. Thanks for the hugs. I knew you would be here with open arms!
Give Tessa lots of kisses.
xoxo

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kerry, I have often wondered about how you are. . . so happy to hear from you but so, so sorry for the reason that brought you here! 'Sending you warmest hugs, love & peace. It is so painful to lose these little babies---please know that although we can't change anything we are w/you in your grief.
Dear Sandi, Thank you so much. Your kindness and words are so comforting. I hope all is well with you, your husband and babies.
xoxo

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,661 Posts
Kerry, I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your precious Fallon. Believe me, I know what you are going through. I lost my Maggie in May. She was experiencing many of the same symptoms as Fallon and was diagnosed with dementia. My heart goes out to you....

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kerry, I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your precious Fallon. Believe me, I know what you are going through. I lost my Maggie in May. She was experiencing many of the same symptoms as Fallon and was diagnosed with dementia. My heart goes out to you....
Oh Pat, my heart goes out to you, too. I’m truly sorry. And, hysterical. I haven’t been able to look at the Memorial section after Maggie told me about beautiful Sweetness. I feel we all grew up together with our babies and now it’s time for the inevitable. God please help me. I just can’t stand it.
xoxo

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,661 Posts
Oh Pat, my heart goes out to you, too. I’m truly sorry. And, hysterical. I haven’t been able to look at the Memorial section after Maggie told me about beautiful Sweetness. I feel we all grew up together with our babies and now it’s time for the inevitable. God please help me. I just can’t stand it.
xoxo
You are right Kerry. Every time I read a memorial it all comes back to me and the tears start flowing as they are now. So hard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First day of autumn is Wednesday, September 22nd. Please join me that night in lighting a candle for our babies at the Bridge, letting them know we will always remember them.

With great sorrow I am letting you know my Sweet Love Fallon went to the Bridge on August 23rd. At the end of July she survived a bout of pancreatitis nicely, back to her old beautiful self. 2 weeks later, her back legs just turned to rubber, almost flippy floppy. Dr. did a thorough exam and diagnosed her with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction = dementia. He was crushed while explaining it. The first thing I thought was ok, it’s not seizures or some horrid disease. We can do this, we’re 3 old ladies. Me, Darla and Fallon. I was trying to console my Dr. not realizing the severity of it all.

The signs were there. Hearing goes first, then the eyes. Fallon was the happiest baby I ever knew. I attributed these signs to getting older. That’s all. During the summer she fell into a pool twice, not seeing the edge of the deck. Still, she was happy and playful. I was so proud to have teenagers. No one believed they were 14.5 yrs old. For 2 weeks I gave my Sweet Love round the clock care. It happened so fast. Her brain couldn’t tell her what to do anymore. Dr. promised me she was never in pain. Fallon passed in my arms.

The pain is excruciating. I must stay strong for my midge, Darla. To lose a littermate, a sister I imagine is excruciating, as well. We’re going through days of firsts. Darla in the backseat of the car, crying then barking because she’s alone. Steve taking her to the groomer by herself. People asking me where’s the sister? Me going into a grocery store and Photograph by Ringo Starr is playing and I can’t stop sobbing. Getting the girls dog license renewals in the mail.

Fallon was a mixture of every animal I love. That’s how good she was. A friend of my just told me the only bad thing dogs do is leave us. So true.
Love, Kerry

Here’s my Sweet Love:

View attachment 275764

So sorry for your loss 😢. Keep the sweet memories close to your heart ❤.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Love, Kerry

Here’s my Sweet Love:

View attachment 275764

What an absolute beauty of a dog! You kept her hair so lovely!! How lucky the both of you are to have had each other. This pain, this particular pain of losing a dog, is unlike anything else on earth. I lost my baby Goober 8 years ago and the pain still lives in my heart. I truly believe dogs are a higher life form, and we are blessed to have the time we get with them. I pray your heart eases over time, and the wonderful memories you have with her will bring relief. I don't believe we ever "get over" these losses, but somehow we find a way to fit them into our daily life, and keep marching. I, too, will light a candle, and pray for your comfort.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Love, Kerry

Here’s my Sweet Love:

View attachment 275764

What a beautiful fluffy Maltese. Sooo sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the candlelight vigil. The spiritual world believes we will all be reunited with our pets and loved ones when we pass to the other side. 💕💕

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What an absolute beauty of a dog! You kept her hair so lovely!! How lucky the both of you are to have had each other. This pain, this particular pain of losing a dog, is unlike anything else on earth. I lost my baby Goober 8 years ago and the pain still lives in my heart. I truly believe dogs are a higher life form, and we are blessed to have the time we get with them. I pray your heart eases over time, and the wonderful memories you have with her will bring relief. I don't believe we ever "get over" these losses, but somehow we find a way to fit them into our daily life, and keep marching. I, too, will light a candle, and pray for your comfort.
Thank you so much for your beautiful and comforting words. I must learn to live without her now. I know you know.
xoxo

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a beautiful fluffy Maltese. Sooo sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the candlelight vigil. The spiritual world believes we will all be reunited with our pets and loved ones when we pass to the other side. 💕💕
Thank you so much!
Your babies are stunning!
xoxo

·
Registered
99 Posts

Love, Kerry

Here’s my Sweet Love:

View attachment 275764

I haven’t been on here in years & I apologize. When I first joined, I only had my Maltese (Bella) but now I have 4 more furbabies! My life is busy but I do read the posts. This one made my heart hurt so bad that I felt sick to my tummy. I’m so sorry your sweet angel has crossed over the R bridge. Losing them is horrible! Unless your a dog owner that treats them as valuable members of your family, people don’t understand. Your baby was absolutely gorgeous AND she had great taste in music! Hugs from Alabama. 💔

1 - 19 of 19 Posts