Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went this weekend camping for the 2nd time in my life and I totally love it. I'm going back for Valentine's Day. We went to the Everglades and it was so beautifu. We saw a few alligators but they don't even bother you. We're going to the keys in February and the site is right by the water. I'm so excited.

Anyone else love camping?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 11:08 AM
We go camping sometimes but we don't ruff it.  We go to camp grounds.  We have a pop-up camper, microwave, refrigerator, electricity, bathrooms, showers, etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27996
[/QUOTE]


I could handle this kind of camping...or in a cabin...but I am not much on the tent and campfire with no shower....I prefer a nice hotel with a bed and a pool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We do the tent thing but it is a campground that has a bathroom with showers. I don't rough it too much either. The site does have water and an electric outlet (the one at the keys not the one in the everglades) so we plan to take a fan just in case it's hot that night. I'll post pictures tomorrow (I have to go home and get them) of my first camping trip so you can see...it's not that rought at all but you still feel the outdoor tranquility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I love camping too!! :D We went to a camp site with bathrooms but no electricity... it was soo much fun
We had a total of 6 dogs with us and everyone went water-rafting

I have to say a had the time of my life , can't wait to do it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by rrtcookie@Jan 6 2005, 11:23 AM
:  We had a total of 6 dogs with us and everyone went water-rafting

I have to say a had the time of my life , can't wait to do it again.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28023
[/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh, that is so cute! :lol: I bet that was a lot of fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 11:26 AM
We went to this one campground once and there was a CURFEW!!!  They has guards that walked around at night to make sure kids stayed at there campsite. 
 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28026
[/QUOTE]
Oh really? I guess they were trying to keep it safe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
it was a campground between Rockford, IL and Chicago. Lets just say the campground was nothing like the brochure. There were about 300 campsite but only 4 actually bathroom (I mean toilets and showers) for the whole campground to use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 02:23 PM
it was a campground between Rockford, IL and Chicago.  Lets just say the campground was nothing like the brochure.  There were about 300 campsite but only 4 actually bathroom (I mean toilets and showers) for the whole campground to use.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28078
[/QUOTE]
Yikes that's one of those, bad surprises! Were u near one of the 4 real bathrooms?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
They were in the process of remodeling the campground (the whole summer long) so they only had 4 bathrooms (2 for men and 2 for women).

It was the Jellystone campground at the Belveder (sp bad) exit (by McDonald's).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 02:33 PM
They were in the process of remodeling the campground (the whole summer long) so they only had 4 bathrooms (2 for men and 2 for women). 

It was the Jellystone campground at the Belveder (sp bad) exit (by McDonald's).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28083
[/QUOTE]
I see, too bad they couldnt have done it before campers came.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
We love camping also !!
Have a 30 foot Travel Trailer and go camping every holiday. Queen bed, corner glass shower and all the works. Some day would love to be full time campers and see the country.

Puddles loves it also, he gets so much attention from the other campers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jan 6 2005, 07:35 PM
We love camping also !!
Have a 30 foot Travel Trailer and go camping every holiday.  Queen bed, corner glass shower and all the works. Some day would love to be full time campers and see the country.

Puddles loves it also, he gets so much attention from the other campers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28134
[/QUOTE]


THAT would be my kind of camping...ha ha...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jan 6 2005, 08:35 PM
Puddles loves it also, he gets so much attention from the other campers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28134
[/QUOTE]

I didn't take Bella because I think she's still too little and she would go crazy at night in the tent. I figure when she's older, she'll come but for now, grandma and grandpa will babysit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Jan 7 2005, 07:49 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Puddles Mom
@Jan 6 2005, 08:35 PM

Puddles loves it also, he gets so much attention from the other campers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28134
I didn't take Bella because I think she's still too little and she would go crazy at night in the tent. I figure when she's older, she'll come but for now, grandma and grandpa will babysit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28222
[/B][/QUOTE]

I took Lexi camping in July or Aug (can't remember when). She barked at every little noise. It was a LONG night.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top