Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Camping

2K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  mylittlebella 
#1 ·
I went this weekend camping for the 2nd time in my life and I totally love it. I'm going back for Valentine's Day. We went to the Everglades and it was so beautifu. We saw a few alligators but they don't even bother you. We're going to the keys in February and the site is right by the water. I'm so excited.

Anyone else love camping?

#4 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 11:08 AM
We go camping sometimes but we don't ruff it.  We go to camp grounds.  We have a pop-up camper, microwave, refrigerator, electricity, bathrooms, showers, etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27996
[/QUOTE]

I could handle this kind of camping...or in a cabin...but I am not much on the tent and campfire with no shower....I prefer a nice hotel with a bed and a pool

#5 ·
We do the tent thing but it is a campground that has a bathroom with showers. I don't rough it too much either. The site does have water and an electric outlet (the one at the keys not the one in the everglades) so we plan to take a fan just in case it's hot that night. I'll post pictures tomorrow (I have to go home and get them) of my first camping trip so you can see...it's not that rought at all but you still feel the outdoor tranquility.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 02:23 PM
it was a campground between Rockford, IL and Chicago.  Lets just say the campground was nothing like the brochure.  There were about 300 campsite but only 4 actually bathroom (I mean toilets and showers) for the whole campground to use.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28078
[/QUOTE]
Yikes that's one of those, bad surprises! Were u near one of the 4 real bathrooms?

#14 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 6 2005, 02:33 PM
They were in the process of remodeling the campground (the whole summer long) so they only had 4 bathrooms (2 for men and 2 for women). 

It was the Jellystone campground at the Belveder (sp bad) exit (by McDonald's).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28083
[/QUOTE]
I see, too bad they couldnt have done it before campers came.

#18 ·
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jan 6 2005, 07:35 PM
We love camping also !!
Have a 30 foot Travel Trailer and go camping every holiday.  Queen bed, corner glass shower and all the works. Some day would love to be full time campers and see the country.

Puddles loves it also, he gets so much attention from the other campers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28134
[/QUOTE]

THAT would be my kind of camping...ha ha...

#19 ·
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jan 6 2005, 08:35 PM
[/QUOTE]

I didn't take Bella because I think she's still too little and she would go crazy at night in the tent. I figure when she's older, she'll come but for now, grandma and grandpa will babysit.

#20 ·
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Jan 7 2005, 07:49 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Puddles Mom
@Jan 6 2005, 08:35 PM

I didn't take Bella because I think she's still too little and she would go crazy at night in the tent. I figure when she's older, she'll come but for now, grandma and grandpa will babysit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28222
[/B][/QUOTE]

I took Lexi camping in July or Aug (can't remember when). She barked at every little noise. It was a LONG night.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jan 7 2005, 10:37 AM-->
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Jan 7 2005, 07:49 AM

[/QUOTE]

I took Lexi camping in July or Aug (can't remember when). She barked at every little noise. It was a LONG night.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28229
[/B][/QUOTE]

I think Bella will do the same thing plus my BF is allergic to her so he would kill me if she had to sleep with us...so it will be either Bella or my BF keeping me up all night

#22 ·
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Jan 7 2005, 11:18 AM
I think Bella will do the same thing plus my BF is allergic to her so he would kill me if she had to sleep with us...so it will be either Bella or my BF keeping me up all night
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28246
[/QUOTE]

:eek: He is allergic to her?! I am super allergic to most dogs...but not Brinkley at all! Poor thing!

#23 ·
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Jan 7 2005, 10:18 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 7 2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Jan 7 2005, 07:49 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28229

[/B][/QUOTE]

Lexi was better the second night. I will probably take her again this coming summer. I think she will get used to it. She just wasn't used to hearing all of the noise from outside. Plus she will be older which I think will help. She had a blast playing outside. This time I will have the exercise pen so she won't have to be tied to the tree or picnic table.

FYI to anyone who takes their dog camping: bring grooming supplies!

Lexi got 1 partial bath (feet and face) and 1 full bath while we were camping. And we only went camping Friday night through Sunday morning.

#24 ·
Originally posted by tlunn+Jan 7 2005, 12:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mylittlebella
@Jan 7 2005, 11:18 AM

:eek: He is allergic to her?! I am super allergic to most dogs...but not Brinkley at all! Poor thing!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28250
[/B][/QUOTE]

He's super allergic. I didn't think he would be to Bella but as soon as he walks into my house, I have to give him a claritin. I've been telling him to go to the dr. so he can get allegra and take it everyday to prevent the allergies but he's so hard headed that he doesn't. He picks her up and everything and then he dies from the allergies.

#25 ·
We camp quite often. We are avid Gold Panners and spend LOTS of weekends sitting in a creek in our chairs!! We are hoping that Sisse will be going with us this Summer. Although, I never thought of the "barking at every noise" problem. I hear that the Maltese breed are very protective of family and "their" property. I guess we will have to just try it and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.