Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I am not positive, but I think I remember from my microbiology class (3 years ago) that they have a different form of AIDS, its not the same form as humans get, therefore cross contamination between human and dog or human and cat cannot occur. Like I said, I'm not positive, but I think I remember from that class.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
dogs do not get AIDS and cats have their own form called FIV....cant get it from humans or primates.

J

·
0 Posts
Ceasar's Mommy - I too learned that same thing in my biology class. Don't remember much else about it though. Only took the class for credit towards science. Don't miss that!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Sep 12 2004, 04:16 PM
dogs do not get AIDS and cats have their own form called FIV....cant get it from humans or primates.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8955
[/QUOTE]

I had heard about the cat form before too. I didn't think the actual virus that humans/primates got was transferable to other animals though.
Isn't the FIV one of the things that cats are immunized against at first?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I remember talking about this in school they proubly get something like aids like LadyMontava said but i just remember that they cant becuase people get hiv before aids (i dunno if always or all the time) and hiv is a human illlness says so right in the name

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
the human form is not transferrable and there are no vaccines for FIV for cats...it is mostly a stay cat virus that they transfer through fighting and mating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts