Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a cute Maltese dog, but due to some health issues it's pass away well before their life span. It's very sad for me and my family. Now, one of my friend suggest me a Merle French Bulldog. It's relatively a new variation of the French Bulldog. Anybody here who can help me about this new bulldog variation.
Can this dog replace the Maltese? Although there is much difference in their look, but I just want to know about their behavior. How good these dogs with the families?

·
Super Moderator
10,311 Posts
We're happy to have you on this forum but you'll have better luck looking for information on breeds other than Maltese elsewhere. Good luck in your search!

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,880 Posts
Why in the world would you even consider a designer breed like this? It’s not even a purebred. I believe they originally were crossbred with a Chihuahua and are completely overbred. There are so many byb profiting off these dogs, as well as them having so many health issues. Besides the doodles, frenchies are all the rage, overpriced dogs. Anyway, do as you please, but like Maggie said, another forum would be more helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why in the world would you even consider a designer breed like this? It’s not even a purebred. I believe they originally were crossbred with a Chihuahua and are completely overbred. There are so many byb profiting off these dogs, as well as them having so many health issues. Besides the doodles, frenchies are all the rage, overpriced dogs. Anyway, do as you please, but like Maggie said, another forum would be more helpful.
I am just considering it due one of my friend suggestion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It all depends on the preferences that each has. I personally have had a bulldog for two years now and I love him enormously and I would not change any other dog for him. In general, I think the connection that is made between the dog and the owner is something unique. Often when I'm at work and I miss him, I look at the pictures with him on the phone and I can't wait to get home and spend time together. I also found a site, there are many ideas I can do with him and if you click here you can also see this site because I am sure you will like it.

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,880 Posts
Yes! These are completely two different dog breeds. But I am just thinking about it due to my friends suggestion.
I would research the medical issues in that breed. My assistant just lost his 1.5 yr old mini $8000 frenchie due to some breathing issue. She was the cutest looking fluff but suffered so many issues from the start. They are so overbred and there are so many people jumping on that frenchie fad that started breeding that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. i worked with someone who needed to make $$$ during the pandemic, invested in 4 females that he breeds. He sells them between 10-15 thousand, merles going for 15. He does do genetic testing, but other than that he knows nothing more. All he cares about is pumping out his females to make $$$.
I personally wouldnt want to support anyone who is breeding just to make profit, merles, being not a purebred is one of them.
This was Evi who just passed last week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts