Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
For some reason I am having trouble bringing your photos up. Might be my server. I'll keep trying to look at your web page.

I have a bichon and her hair is fairly different than Sadie's. What is Lulu's hair like? A bichon's hair isn't as curly as a poodle's, but it is more curly/wavy than a Maltese's hair. Also it is more cottony and not really silky. When Jolie's hair is grown out longer it really doesn't lay down flat on her head - instead it kind of puffs out like a cotton ball. She mats really easily and we have to keep on top of that every day. Also, how big is Lulu? If she had some bichon in her she would probably be somewhat bigger than a standard maltese. I will say this though, even though I know nothing about mixed breed dogs, bichons have very nice temperments and are very open and loving. They get along well with other dogs and are easy to socialize. Unfortunately they've become popular which means not so great breeding practices by some breeders. If your Lulu does have some bichon parentage she will probably still have all of the nice qualities that you were looking for in a maltese. The things that I like better about the Maltese is the smaller size and the hair. I like that the bichons are a little sturdier. Personality wise they aren't that different. Both breeds love their people and want to be with them. Bichons are probably slightly (only slightly) more independent. At least this has been our experience with Jolie who will be 10 in January.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Looks like Malt to me too!!!

I often wonder about the very far past of Brinkley's heritage b/c his hair is curlier and different texture than some maltese that I have seen-but I really don't mind. IF he has anything else in him...it is def. very far back...I kinda like the little curl he has to his hair in a puppy cut...it just gets so fuzzy if I try to grow it out...that is the only drawback...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Lulu looks like a malt to me too.....she is adorable

I also think that Daezie is not full maltese she has all the qualities that msmagnolia describe for a bichon.
but she is the love of my life... including my little Maya

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Looks Maltese to me too.

My Noriko is full Maltese but she's got wavy hair. My sister and her bf got her brother and he's got straight hair. You just never know :/

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She has her hair wavy .. but soooo soft as silk... she has longer front legs than Spike.. and a bit longer face... i guess i was more intrigued because of the wavy hair......

and thank you i know she is so adorable!

J

·
0 Posts
Looks like a maltese to me. My husbands exwife has a bicon. They are much sturdier looking dogs then malts. I have babysat for the bicon and I can tell you they are very sweet dogs. I was thinking of getting one before I decided on a malt but decided against because the exwife has one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts