Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , jongee got 3 teeth pulled out when she got spayed last month

but today while i was playing with her she suddenly spat out a tooth...a tooth fell out.

i thought my vet pulled all her babyteeth out but one of her pointy bottom ones fell out today..

is this normal? did my vet make a mistake and didnt know she still had a babytooth ?

its sunday today so i cant call the vet...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it is possible that the tooth was really loose and the vet knew it would fall out on its own, and didnt want to charge you for it...or the tooth wasnt far enough out to pull, and would have taken some digging to get it out, so it was left in until it errupted further. and vets can miss things. it happens. next time you go to the vet have them check the mouth for any other baby teeth. if the vet left the tooth on purpose you should have been notified about it when you picked the dog up after the surgery. so no matter what there was a mistake that took place. hopefully the vet doesnt make these mistakes often. everyone does make mistakes, just hopefully it isnt a mistake that causes harm.

J

·
0 Posts
I have to agree with LadyMontave. Lacey had some baby teeth pulled when she was spayed almost 3 weeks ago but the vet did tell me there are two that she didn't pull because she would have had to really dig for them. She showed me where to look for them but I couldn't tell you which two. Hopefully they have fallen out and Lacey doesn't have any problems with them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your replies,

but no, my vet never told me anything when i picked my baby after she got spayed..he didnt even come out from his office when i came to pick her up ! i only talked to the receptionist and she just said she got 3 teeth pulled out, thats it...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
When a vet leaves a tooth in on purpose, I was always told. One thing to think about is that she may have actually lost one of her adult teeth when you guys were playing. The front teeth are always the first one to fall out. My Waffle lost a one of his adult front teeth. He had really tiny teeth and he was chewing on something really hard and it broke off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts