Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have been wanting to try loose curls in my hair but I dont have a curling iron and everytime I've tried one in the past I've burned myself. However, I do have a Chi (flat iron). Anyone know if I can make waves or curls with a chi? naturally my hair is bumpy, not curly or wavy just bumpy, so I always straighten it but I'd like to try something new. Anybody know how to do it?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
"bumpy"
I never heard anyone describe their hair as bumby, but I know exactly what you mean!

I don't know if you can curl w/ a flat iron, I never tried it. I flip the ends up, and curl the ends under with my flat iron- curling I don't know.

I LOVE velcro rollers. They give lots of volume, without the crazy wacky curls I would get with hot rollers, they also are great if you live in a humid climate and have trouble with friz. I use at least 3 velcro rollers every day right on the top of my head to give volume, I also curl my hair with them. I have very frizzy hair, so to do curly- I straighten with a round brush and hair dryer, and then I use a bunch of different size velcro rollers and roll all my hair with them, I leave it in for as little as 15 minutes, and I get very natural, frizz free curls. They take a little bit of practice, but once you get the hang of them they are awesome.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Deanna@Nov 9 2005, 10:31 PM
"bumpy" 
  I never heard anyone describe their hair as bumby, but I know exactly what you mean!

I don't know if you can curl w/ a flat iron, I never tried it. I flip the ends up, and curl the ends under with my flat iron- curling I don't know.

I LOVE velcro rollers. They give lots of volume, without the crazy wacky curls I would get with hot rollers, they also are great if you live in a humid climate and have trouble with friz. I use at least 3 velcro rollers every day right on the top of my head to give volume, I also curl my hair with them. I have very frizzy hair, so to do curly- I straighten with a round brush and hair dryer, and then I use a bunch of different size velcro rollers and roll all my hair with them, I leave it in for as little as 15 minutes, and I get very natural, frizz free curls. They take a little bit of practice, but once you get the hang of them they are awesome.

Good luck! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118524
[/QUOTE]

You know I think I might be hair challenged, it took me a long time to figure out that you have to rolll the rollers vertically and not horizontally, and I still can't get them to work, but I may try again this weekend when no ones looking

·
Registered
416 Posts
My hair takes to curl really easily.

I use hot rollers in the morning sometimes, but my hair's gotten so long that it can pull the curl out pretty easily. (my hair comes down past my bra strap!)

The best way I've found to put curl in my hair is my sponge rollers. I wash my hair at night, dry most of the way, roll, sleep, pull them out and go. I actually haven't been brushing it and I get really cute, but tighter than you want, ringlets. I'll have my hubby get a picture an post it here maybe tomorrow if I curl my hair tonight.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
my stylist gave me loose curls w/ a flat iron for homecoming

i have naturally curly hair, but what she did was take the hair into the flat iron and sort of twist it around? if that makes sense? like, she started at the top of the hair and as she moved down she simeoutaneously rotated the flat iron. it comes out really pretty.

i think what you need to do is experiment, but i'm sure it'll work. use hairspray

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Umm, the answer is no. teehee. You cannot use the chi to put curls in your hair. When it comes to straightening your hair, the CHI is THE BOMB! And it's ceramic so it doesnt damage your hair. The thing is, it straightens your hair SOOOOO well, that if you try to use it in another way, you'll just get creases in your hair. I don't know if Chi makes other brands though. But my hair dresser LOVES their stuff.

My friend has some crazy frizzy hair. She uses some type of velcro rollers too. Those are great

GOODLUCK

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
OMG I thought I was the only one who discribes my hair as bumpy lol it is natural curly but each strand has tons of "Bumps" on it..

you can do big soft curls with the chi....i can't live without mine. I love it. I do the big curls with it when I want to dress up more formalist..and my naturals curls are to much but I want more than just straight locks. I start close to the scalp and as i straighten i turn the iron to make the long large ringles. i like them.

hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts