Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i mean truly spoil them. As you could a child...
I'm asking because I think I am going overboard with the toy stuff LOL
SOMEBODY TAKE AWAY MY CREDIT CARDSSSS!!! arrggghhh this is the same stunt i pulled when I had my daughter, i couldn't STOP buying her things. be it clothing/toys/shoes... whatever. If they made it, i bought it.

seriously though, how much is too much? are 10 toys too much... what about 20? I refuse to tell how many i've bought!

do puppys still enjoy their toys thru adult hood?

HELP before I spend more money!

INTERVENTION!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You are funny
I am in the same situation. Yesterday I told my BF that Phoebe needs a bigger toybox and he said she couldnt get into one that would be tall enough to hold all of her toys
So, it goes like this: We have a toybox overflowing, and then a bunch of toys just sitting around it on the floor, and we just got her two new stuffed squeaky purses that were on sale yesterday
I dont know if she knows shes spoiled though

Oh, and my Holli was never a toy person. So I cant answer for sure on the adulthood part, but she did play like a puppy with people all of her life, so I'd imagine the answer is yes.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I have bought a ton of toys for Paris and she will only play with a select few. One of her favorites is an old sock with another sock stuffed inside and tied off. She loves to play tug of war with this more so than the toys specifically designed for tug of war. Her favorite chew toy is a cap off a bottled water or Powerade. I always take these away when I'm not there. She can really tear these up.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Trust me, you can spoil them! Toby and Wally have a toy box overflowing with toys and I keep buying more! Why? Because I feel guilty if I go to the petstore and don't buy anything!

Here is a good example of spoiled...everynight they both get a treat before going to bed (a C.E. T. chew). We are running low so I thought maybe I would "trick" them and just give another type of treat. Uhhhh...that didn't work. So, Toby proceeded to nudge me for over an hour while I was trying to go to sleep. Finally, I got and drove over to my mom's to get a C.E.T. for him!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
[attachment=438:attachment][attachment=439:attachment]
[attachment=440:attachment][attachment=441:attachment]I just did a toy count of Scooby's two toy beds, one wooden toy box and the stragglers in our room, and there are still some hidden in the hall closet and a few out in the car, total 85 toys. Here are some pictures of just some of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Yes, these little fur angels can and do get spoiled. After all they are our kids.
Sassy has a toy box that overflows into the floor, and she has toys in the closet that I have put away for later. A wode of caution before you over do it on the toys. These little brat dogs will have their favorites, ie Sassy only likes the stuffy toys, she does not like the rubber ones. And she likes stuffy toys that have long or dangly arms and legs (these are easier to retrieve). Believe it or not if you name the toys your baby will learn the names and actually get that toy when you ask for it, ie Sassy has quack--quack, monkey-doodle, fishy, L-phanant, Curious (a larger money), Red dog, Beary, big bird, Pippie, sock puppet, and numerous that are just the name of whatever the animal is. She has toys that squeak, toys that make animal (jungle) sounds, even play nursery rhymes. She can not make the squeaky toys squeak all by herself. Save some money for specialty items like warm/cold water bed inserts, strollers, car seat, bows, and vet visits when there is absolutely nothing wrong.
Gotta love these little angels. :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
My are spoiled in so many other ways, but not because of toys. They are just spoiled because I let them misbehave!

However as I look at the 85 toys, in a couple of hours ALL of the stuffed toys would be ripped to shreds by Baxter. Any plastic toys would be chewed until colorful plastic bits would be deposited all over the backyard, via the intestinal tract, by Wally. Soooooooo........they have about 3 tennis balls, and about 4 Nylabones. That is all that they really like and can't destroy. So no, you can't spoil them with too many toys, that is just love! Now tell me how to unspoil their behavior!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I don't think they realize how many toys they have.... the one they're playing with at the moment is the one they know about. So, I don't think having a ton of toys is a bad thing. It keeps them stimulated and excited, etc.

I'm not sure when you say "spoiled" if you are using it as a pejorative or not. Yes, they can be spoiled.... but I think that is a good thing... I love spoiling them... they deserve it... they bring me so much pleasure!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
85 toys WOW! your guys will never be bored. LOL

I took a step back from the ledge
and shortened the list tremendously. Since I do have a lot of stuffed animals, noisy toys, etc. that my daughter stopped playing with a longgg time ago, I can always give them to Dash. I'm sure she won't mind.

My main focus was getting him toys he can chew on and chase.

I pray I don't visit another dog site for another 12 months LOLOL
*pray with me people

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
This thread made me wonder how many toys Toby has, so while I rotating them for this week, I counted. Toby has 68, and that isn't including the few that are in the closet waiting for repairs (I think that is about 5), the "outside" toys (another 3), Kongs (2), and so forth. So that would bring the total up to 78!

I was counting them and Toby decided to have a seat in the middle of some of them!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I have to say Scooby is very good with his toys and has only ever chewed one and that was one a neighbour gave him that used to belong to their dog, but she never played with it. No sooner did he have it and he had chewed the red bill off it as it was a little rubber duckie, that made him sick so he has never done that since and we had to throw that one toy away. He loves any toy and will play with whatever we give him, and yes Bren that was a great idea keeping some in the car for shopping trips and it works a wonder with Scooby too. I have told hubby if he buys another toy he is the one who will be picking them up every night....not me

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have not even brought home my little Sophie yet, but she sure will be spoiled.
Hubby has already banned me from the pet store. There always Target, Walmart, internet ect.....It'll be our little secret

·
Registered
552 Posts
My little Baby Gizmo is very spoiled! He has about 30 toys and everytime I go to Wal-Mart or the pet store I always get him treats, clothes or a toy. He has also claimed my son's drum sticks, my husbands house shoes, 2 bath towels and an old purse strap of mine.
When I come home from Wal-Mart or the grocery store he is always in the bags being nosy before I can get started to put them away. He won't leave until you give him what you bought then he goes away and leaves you alone just like a little child.

:lol: The funniest thing that he did today is he was very angry about me removing his daddy's chair out of the house. I replaced it with an antique love seat my mother gave me because he deystroyed the chair by digging under the cushions until the springs started showing and very uncomfortable to sit in. I don't allow him on the love seat and he hates it. When he goes outside he pulls and tugs at the chair thinking that he can bring it back into the house.
He growls at me like saying will you help me mom.

I just love his personality! These tiny little dogs are the best. We never regret that we spoil him. He is definitely the boss of our house!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Does everyone's Malts actually play with their toys? Honestly, Toby isn't much of a toy player--it is mostly Wally, the Beagle, who loves toys. Toby will sometimes play with them, but not as often as Wally.

Originally posted by louise@Sep 19 2005, 06:53 PM
I have not even brought home my little Sophie yet, but she sure will be spoiled.
  Hubby has already banned me from the pet store. There always Target, Walmart, internet ect.....It'll be our little secret

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101210
[/QUOTE]
Louise, Wal-Mart has some great toys for $1. I swear, I buy Toby the expensive toys and he LOVES the $1 toys from Wal-Mart.
You can usually find them in the pet department or up by the registers as the "impulse" buys. Also, we have a Dollar Tree near by and they also have $1 toys. I have found that they are usually small enough for Toby to pick up and carry.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Sep 19 2005, 11:51 PM-->
Does everyone's Malts actually play with their toys?  Honestly, Toby isn't much of a toy player--it is mostly Wally, the Beagle, who loves toys.  Toby will sometimes play with them, but not as often as Wally.

<!--QuoteBegin-louise
@Sep 19 2005, 06:53 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101210
Louise, Wal-Mart has some great toys for $1. I swear, I buy Toby the expensive toys and he LOVES the $1 toys from Wal-Mart.
You can usually find them in the pet department or up by the registers as the "impulse" buys. Also, we have a Dollar Tree near by and they also have $1 toys. I have found that they are usually small enough for Toby to pick up and carry.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101315
[/B][/QUOTE]

Nichole I was going to say the same thing. Cosmo's favorite toys are the $1 ones
from Wal-mart---I wonder if that is because they think since they are cheap
they will get more???

As for them being spoiled we are on the spoiledmaltese forum right?

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby loves his toys and often will just get them all out on the floor. Sometimes I think he deliberately booby traps my space here
near my computer because I would hate to say how many times I have turned around on my chair to get up only to step on a squeaky toy
he has laid right there in my path, :lol: and then he comes running out because he knows I have moved.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Sep 19 2005, 02:52 PM
[attachment=438:attachment][attachment=439:attachment]
[attachment=440:attachment][attachment=441:attachment]I just did a toy count of Scooby's two toy beds, one wooden toy box and the stragglers in our room, and there are still some hidden in the hall closet and a few out in the car, total 85 toys. Here are some pictures of just some of them.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101093
[/QUOTE]
Matilda wants to know if she can come over and play with Scooby
Matilda only has about 15 toys, poor girl. I will have to make a effort to get more

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.