Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been breaking 100 degrees here in San Antonio lately and I ordered a Small Canine Cooler bed for Pico several weeks ago and he loves it! I was so sure he would reject it because as a puppy he never liked his tush or tummy to touch our hardwood floors and would only "sit" or "down" on carpet.

I didn't even put a cover on it and he flops himself down on it just as it is. Now, he is indoors all the time but we don't start our AC until the thermostat reaches 83-84 degrees. And his room stays in the high 70's at night even after the AC is turned off and with a ceiling fan on him all night he is fine.

I may start putting it in his crate at night but I was concerned he might not want to stay on it that many hours so I've procrastinated on that. Right now it is on his Dad's sofa where he spends many hours already either on Dad's lap, snuggled by his side or stretched out on his Canine Cooler Bed.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I just came upon this post, that bed sounds really neat. I wonder if my dogs would like one.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pico likes to lay in the juncture of the sofa seat and back so we put the cooler mat so it goes up the back a little. I was 50% sure he WOULDN'T use it but he uses it every day......

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jul 7 2005, 09:11 AM
It's been breaking 100 degrees here in San Antonio lately and I ordered a Small Canine Cooler bed for Pico several weeks ago and he loves it!  I was so sure he would reject it because as a puppy he never liked his tush or tummy to touch our hardwood floors and would only "sit" or "down" on carpet.

I didn't even put a cover on it and he flops himself down on it just as it is.  Now, he is indoors all the time but we don't start our AC until the thermostat reaches 83-84 degrees.  And his room stays in the high 70's at night even after the AC is turned off and with a ceiling fan on him all night he is fine.

I may start putting it in his crate at night but I was concerned he might not want to stay on it that many hours so I've procrastinated on that.  Right now it is on his Dad's sofa where he spends many hours already either on Dad's lap, snuggled by his side or stretched out on his Canine Cooler Bed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78996
[/QUOTE]

<span style="color:red"><span style="font-family:Times">the bed sounds great. where did you get it from?</span></span>

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Aaaawwwwhhhhh, I bet he looks so cute chilling out on it
I have seen several different kinds of cooler mats, which kind is the best one? Some don't have to be put in the fridge or freezer you just soak in cold water or fill with water. So many choices

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one you fill with 2 to 2 1/2 quarts of water and the filling absorbs the water. I googled for Canine Cooler Mat to order it online and it was a tad cheaper that what they sell for at PetsMart, even with the shipping.

I ordered it from www.johnsonsmith.com and paid $36.95 including shipping for the small size.

The only thing I don't like about it is the odor the plastic gives off. It doesn't bother me because it is not in my area, it is on the sofa my husband uses and he smells it. I would recommend sitting it in an open area for a few weeks to let the plastic fumes wear off before bringing it inside. You can order a fabric cover for it if you wish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts