Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever gotten the canine flu vaccine for your fluffs and if so were there any bad reactions? Bella's vet is recommending it since there have been some confirmed cases of "dog flu" in the area. From what we've been told, the canine influenza virus is highly contagious and is an airborne virus with symptoms that mimic kennel cough. I just never heard of this before. What would you do?

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
I haven't heard of it and my vet never mentioned it , and we were there this week.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I don't get a flu shot.

My pups won't....

If there are confirmed cases - maybe limit your dogs' public exposure for flu season? Not sure how much you take them out....

I think making sure they are on a good diet, a probiotic to boost their immune system, and maybe a good multivitamin if needed... Should be enough :)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yes, Snuggles and Chrissy both got the initial vacinnation and then the one two weeks after. And no, there was not reaction. There were cases here in our are and Board facilities had to be shut down. Ours was one of them and Snuggles and Chrissy were to have been staying there. They stayed on the Hospital side of our Vet's office as a special offer to us due to the circumstances that were involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts