Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It is a pretty common thing to see in young dogs. A lot of the time they twist off a wart and some people think that helps give them immunity. Sometimes they are taken off for cosmetic purposes of because the dog knocked them and made a bloody mess. I wouldn't take her to the dog park or doggy day care, but it is a very common thing.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
So there is no symptoms other than this bump? Should i go home(i'm at work..hehe) and check Kodie for this?? You said you found it while brushing your baby's teeth... other than that.. you will never know your dog has it? What if its left untreated? I'm gonna have to read up on this when i get home incase!

V

·
0 Posts
This is an absolutely benign , self limiting problem...it will go away without a negative effect. My son's Portie who is 7 month goes to the park and interacts with dogs. There is virtually an epidemic of this virus and Ralphie got it. My son knew what it was as soon as he saw it in the dog's mouth but I insisted that we go to the vet. 50 bucks to tell us what we already knew...leave it alone and it will go away. Keep a watch out in case the area gets infected ...but this is not likely. It should not be treated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts