Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

For those of you with the Rebel (I know there are quite a few) ... has anyone ever had a problem with the Camera being able to 'read' the memory card?

I have a couple of cards, and just bought a brand new one - but each card I try in the camera, the camera message comes up saying 'no card' .... so for whatever reason, the camera isn't 'reading' the memory card

Has anyone ever had this issue?

I have purchased a card 'cleaner' ... a bit bigger than an SD card, and you put it in the camera to clean the 'heads' (or whatever they are called) ... this didn't work.

Any suggestions? I know I am going to have to send it off to Canon for a fix, but I'm willing to try anything at this point!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Did you format the card in the camera? Often even new cards are faulty. A good brand is pretty essential I find, to avoid getting card errors all the time, don't know if that is the issue. Just some suggestions ;)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you format the card in the camera? Often even new cards are faulty. Don't cheap out on memory cards, it just isn't worth it.
No, I am unable to format the card because the camera doesn't recognise there is a card in it! Very frustrating! And yes, I agree about quality cards, I don't have 'cheapies'

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Sorry I am of no help as I still only have the one card that came with the camera.....:unsure:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
How about a complete camera reset. Leave battery out at least overnight and see if you can do a camera reset. Sometimes that will work. Otherwise I think sending it off is in order, sorry :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts