Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the makeup, we need a MOISTURIZER!
My face gets so dry in the winter, it's hard to smile
. The product that has worked the best is the Shiseido day/night essential moisturizer. Shiseido has 3 night brand from lightest to heaviest moisturizer. I use the middle one. Shiseido is one of the top 10 in leading facial care. The problem is it's almost 40 bucks! The night essential moisturizer is totally worth it, but I want a cheaper daily moisturizer. Right now, I'm using the Aveeno radiant...something daily moisturizer with spf 15. I already have oily skin. But having dry and oily skin during the winter SUCKS! Anybody know of a good CHEAP brand?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i dont have a clue...i just felt left out from these posts cause i dont wear makeup!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ladymontava--makeup or not, you should stll wear moisturizer and with spf. Esp. YOU! Because you look so young and innocent!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yeah prob so since ive already had skin cancer

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Jan 2 2005, 10:19 PM
i dont have a clue...i just felt left out from these posts cause i dont wear makeup!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26995
[/QUOTE]

An "natural" beauty huh?! You are NO good!!!! Ha ha...j/k...you are really lucky actually!!!
I don't often use a moisturizer b/c I have terribly acne prone skin. When I do, it must be VERY light and completely oil free. I like the Proactive's moisturizer, and I used to use the Clinique yellow moisturizer...and I remember liking it alot, but I can' t remember if it is oil free. It must be, or I wouldn't have liked it so much.
Anyway, I am going to have to start using something to help with some "frown lines"...but I hate chancing the break outs.
Somebody forgot to tell my body I was done with puberty over 10 years ago!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jan 2 2005, 10:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Jan 2 2005, 10:19 PM

An "natural" beauty huh?! You are NO good!!!! Ha ha...j/k...you are really lucky actually!!!
I don't often use a moisturizer b/c I have terribly acne prone skin. When I do, it must be VERY light and completely oil free. I like the Proactive's moisturizer, and I used to use the Clinique yellow moisturizer...and I remember liking it alot, but I can' t remember if it is oil free. It must be, or I wouldn't have liked it so much.
Anyway, I am going to have to start using something to help with some "frown lines"...but I hate chancing the break outs.
Somebody forgot to tell my body I was done with puberty over 10 years ago!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27003
[/B][/QUOTE]
nope just too lazy to put it on..and i break out too

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your skin might be getting dehydated during the winter so your skin will be producing more oil to make up for the lost moisture. I'm not sure which would be good for day w/SPf 15; maybe try something for dehydrated or combo skin. Do you use the Skincare fr. Shiseido? I use the middle formula too but in the day I have been using a tinted moisturizer instead.
In the morning, maybe instead of washing your face w/cleanser (if you do), try just wiping it down w/a light toner (i use the Shiseido one). Then it won't strip your face too much. Maybe try Olay Total Complete w/spf 15. Or try their Total Effects moisturizers day or night. For night now, I use Dove Sensitive Skin night cream. Also maybe try sensitive skin stuff; even though its not your actual skin type, its more simple, and the texture doesn't seem too heavy but moisturizes.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by tlunn+Jan 2 2005, 09:31 PM-->

[/B][/QUOTE]
YEAH! What a B**CH! :lol: You're not so bad yourself Tlunn...*growls*. AHHA
I HATE Clinique's yellow moisturizer. It just felt like it sits on top of my skin and it's never absorbed. yucki! I use to use neutrogena's wrinkle cream. It didnt work for me in the winter time but I liked it. Many ppl don't like it because it for some like me, it stings for the first few days. And for some, it doesnt stop stinging.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Jan 2 2005, 10:38 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 09:31 PM

[/QUOTE]
YEAH! What a B**CH! :lol: You're not so bad yourself Tlunn...*growls*. AHHA
I HATE Clinique's yellow moisturizer. It just felt like it sits on top of my skin and it's never absorbed. yucki! I use to use neutrogena's wrinkle cream. It didnt work for me in the winter time but I liked it. Many ppl don't like it because it for some like me, it stings for the first few days. And for some, it doesnt stop stinging.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27008
[/B][/QUOTE]
if n e one is the natural beauty its u ! ive seen many pics of u and i know

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
LadyMontava-- you need to where moisturizer!! And lucky you, not having to wear make up!!
The best sunscreen is Neutragena Ultra Sheer spf 30; you can't even feel its on! It doesn't feel heavy at all!!

Buttercloud--maybe you can use a sunscreen over a reg. moisturizer even though its an extra step.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Jan 2 2005, 10:45 PM
LadyMontava-- you need to where moisturizer!! And lucky you, not having to wear make up!!
The best sunscreen is Neutragena Ultra Sheer spf 30; you can't even feel its on! It doesn't feel heavy at all!!

Buttercloud--maybe you can use a sunscreen over a reg. moisturizer even though its an extra step.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27011
[/QUOTE]
thanks maybe i'll try that!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have been using a moisturizer with a sunscreen since I was 13...thank goodness for my grandmother who told me it was the most important thing, that and taking my makeup off every night. I will be 40 on my next birthday and not a line on my face yet. Right now I use L'Oreal Active Daily Moisture Lotion with SPF 15-UVA/UVB. My skin gets really tight feeling in the winter and I have found that this works the best for me. I have tried all kinds of moisturizers from 120.00 a bottle to 5.00 a bottle. Right now I like L'Oreal. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't give me any problems. My eyelids are so sensitive that if I am not careful my eyelids dry out and the skin peels. Very painful when this happens. I use Cetaphil to clean my face. I have found that it is great to take makeup off and doesn't dry my skin out or bother my eyes. Doesn't dry the skin out in the winter time. Sometimes my skin gets so dry that the skin just starts peeling. I have found that if I use a warm mist vaperizor (sp) at night it helps alot. I need lots of moisture. I cannot put anything heavy on my face because it will break out or bother my eyes. I also put the lotion on my neck and chest every morning when I do my makeup. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I humbly stick my head in here to admit I don't wear make up either.
It's not that I don't need it...but I just HATE IT. I, too, break out and get scaley(eczema) if I wear it. Even if I take it off immediately, I still get red around the nose and eyebrow area. I do use Curel and a medication on my face as well.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have really weird skin. It gets dried out, yet I break out every so often (all over, not in the T zone). I use this blue bottle of makeup remover (I think Neutragena). I just bought some products from Bath and Bodyworks. So far I love them. I got the almond exfoliator and the rice moisturizor. One was $16 and the other was $18.

Laceys mom: My eyelids get like that sometimes!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Jan 3 2005, 09:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Jan 3 2005, 08:08 AM
any pointers on how to prevent skin cancer?  i'm really paranoid!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27029
Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27066
[/B][/QUOTE]
Also, if you are going to get a cancer, skin cancer is the best to get because it is easily detected since you can see your skin, allowing it to be removed before it has time to spread. Any change in a mole or new growth should be checked out. Remember ABCDE with your moles:
A=assymetric
B=boarders irregular
C=color variations( black, blue, red, brown, tan, white)
D=Diameter larger than a 6mm
E= Elevated
Other signs can be itching, burning and change in size or bleeding of a mole.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 2 2005, 09:16 PM
Before the makeup, we need a MOISTURIZER!
  My face gets so dry in the winter, it's hard to smile
.  The product that has worked the best is the Shiseido day/night essential moisturizer.  Shiseido has 3 night brand from lightest to heaviest moisturizer.  I use the middle one.  Shiseido is one of the top 10 in leading facial care.  The problem is it's almost 40 bucks!  The night essential moisturizer is totally worth it, but I want a cheaper daily moisturizer.  Right now, I'm using the Aveeno radiant...something daily moisturizer with spf 15.  I already have oily skin.  But having dry and oily skin during the winter SUCKS!  Anybody know of a good CHEAP brand?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26992
[/QUOTE]

Hey! I just read the title!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Jan 3 2005, 09:08 AM-->
@Jan 2 2005, 10:30 PM
yeah prob so since ive already had skin cancer
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27002
are u serious? I'm so scared of having that! I use self tanner now... any pointers on how to prevent skin cancer? i'm really paranoid!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27029
[/B][/QUOTE]
it can take like 10 years from exposeure til the cancer appears...i was 19 when i had it which means i was around 10 at the time. its crazy. and i dont fit n e of the profiles of a person who gets skin cancer. mine looked like a white mole on my face that would get a little crust from time to time...my mom noticed it got a little bigger so we went to get it checked out. i had the best type to get though..there are 3. basal cell carcinoma is the best, squamous cell carcinoma is second, the worst is melanoma...which is the only one i believe that usually spreads. so yeah to prevent..use lots of sunscreen...no matter if there is shade. i havent been ...unless im out for a while...shame on me....im going to be 26 next month and i havent had it again though. but i will try better....maybe that will be a resoultion for me

1 - 20 of 68 Posts