Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh.

I left this morning to go to Starbucks. I pulled out of my driveway, made a left turn, and I guess I pulled too far left and accelerated too fast on this quick second left turn, but my steering wheel stuck to the left, my car spun out of control, I then turned right, my front lower bumper smeared on the red curb that was on the right side of the street, the wheel on the passenger side of the car went up on the curb. I reversed the car to get it leveled on the ground and drove to the nearest park parking lot. Radiator leak, paint damage, and something was dangling under the car.

I own a Porsche...

I drove to the dealership where I get my car serviced, all the mean time yellow-green liquid is oozing out and leaving a trail on the road and a red light kept flashing on the console because it was loosing radiator fluid. I kept getting red lights all of the way there...of course. I finally made it to the dealership. My boyfrined was with me.

This is going to cost major money. Of course, everything in my life was going great, then this crap happens. I feel guilt and sadness. Plus I am so sick!!! I have 2 weeks off of vacation because I am a teacher. I thought I was going to be able to study for my own school and then work on my third grade class stuff to get prepared for when I returned to work.

This accident thing happened like an hour ago. I don't know if what I am writing makes any sense right now. I am out of it.

Two weeks ago when I rented a car because I was getting my car its yearly servicing, it was an Audi A4, I pushed the accelerator all of the way down on the freeway on-ramp...the accelerator got stuck!!!!!!! I owned a 2002 A4 and this never happened to me.

I feel horrible right now. I am sure the radiator needs to be replaced, plus labor...maybe $10,000? Not too sure. I feel horrible right now!!!

Oh yeah, I wasn't hurt and neither was my boyfriend. I was just shaken up, and he just got mad and yelled at me... -_-

~Elegant

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Dec 22 2004, 01:13 PM
Ugh.

I left this morning to go to Starbucks.  I pulled out of my driveway, made a left turn, and I guess I pulled too far left and accelerated too fast on this quick second left turn, but my steering wheel stuck to the left, my car spun out of control, I then turned right, my front lower bumper smeared on the red curb that was on the right side of the street, the wheel on the passenger side of the car went up on the curb.  I reversed the car to get it leveled on the ground and drove to the nearest park parking lot.  Radiator leak, paint damage, and something was dangling under the car.

I own a Porsche...

I drove to the dealership where I get my car serviced, all the mean time yellow-green liquid is oozing out and leaving a trail on the road and a red light kept flashing on the console because it was loosing radiator fluid.  I kept getting red lights all of the way there...of course.  I finally made it to the dealership.  My boyfrined was with me.

This is going to cost major money.  Of course, everything in my life was going great, then this crap happens.  I feel guilt and sadness.  Plus I am so sick!!!  I have 2 weeks off of vacation because I am a teacher.  I thought I was going to be able to study for my own school and then work on my third grade class stuff to get prepared for when I returned to work.

This accident thing happened like an hour ago.  I don't know if what I am writing makes any sense right now.  I am out of it. 

Two weeks ago when I rented a car because I was getting my car its yearly servicing, it was an Audi A4, I pushed the accelerator all of the way down on the freeway on-ramp...the accelerator got stuck!!!!!!!  I owned a 2002 A4 and this never happened to me.

I feel horrible right now.  I am sure the radiator needs to be replaced, plus labor...maybe $10,000?  Not too sure.  I feel horrible right now!!!

Oh yeah, I wasn't hurt and neither was my boyfriend.  I was just shaken up, and he just got mad and yelled at me... -_-

~Elegant 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24905
[/QUOTE]

wow thank god you are ok that is all that matters

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: Glad that you weren't hurt!!!!!

Where do you teach? I want to teach with you if you have a porsche!!! LOL...j/k...People would DIE if a Tennessee teacher pulled up in a porsche...they would think we won the lottery!!!

Anyway, maybe it is not as bad as you think...I will keep my fingers crossed for you. In the end, regardless, just remember that nobody was hurt!

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 22 2004, 01:14 PM
:eek: Glad that you weren't hurt!!!!!

Where do you teach? I want to teach with you if you have a porsche!!! LOL...j/k...People would DIE if a Tennessee teacher pulled up in a porsche...they would think we won the lottery!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24917
[/QUOTE]

That is what I was thinking!

Glad to hear you are both ok! Hopefully it is not as bad as it looks.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks!!!!

and tell your boyfriend to shut up.
it will make you feel better :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support

When I took the car in, I was standing right next to the passenger bumper and the liquid was "pouring" out...
I will definitely need a new radiator! :new_Eyecrazy:

I know, I am happy no one was hurt, but at the same time I feel so much worse because of the huge dent in the pocket it will cause. I'm alive to pay for it, right? I guess I should be thankful for that!

Oh, the Porsche is mine and my bf's...I wish I got paid enough to buy one on my own! :lol:

But just when things start going right, something crappy has to happen to me...I feel like a pathetic victim.

~Elegant

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Since it was an accident, won't your insurance cover it after the deductible? Or would it make your premium go up too much?

I thought the same thing - a teacher with a Porche? Not in North Carolina!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by LadysMom@Dec 22 2004, 11:35 AM
Since it was an accident, won't your insurance cover it after the deductible? Or would it make your premium go up too much?

I thought the same thing - a teacher with a Porche? Not in North Carolina!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24925
[/QUOTE]
I think it would make my premium go up...and it is already REALLY high

~Elegant

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Pippinsmom@Dec 22 2004, 11:59 AM
Just out of curiosity...what type of Porsche do you have?  With all that beautiful weather, I'm thinking ragtop! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24930
[/QUOTE]
I love convertibles, but no, it's a hardtop Carrera 911, ocean blue (with red paint on the lower front passenger bumper with radiator fluid dripping out of it!)

So sad.

~Elegant

·
Registered
219 Posts
You're ok-that's what matters most.

I'd have insurance pay for it-how much could the premium go up? In addition to maybe they could investigate, and something could have been wrong with your steering column.

I'm just very thankful that you're in one piece!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Here's what I learned on Oprah...Are you gonna stress about this 6 mos. later? If not, get over it, now
! We drive like EVERYDAY! It's just bound to happen. I know it's an even bigger OUCHIE b/c it's a porshe(Is it true that ppl who who owns a Porshe, are the only ones that pronounces the "e" in Porshe?). Anyway, You really didn't like it THAT much, right? You really wanted a convertible
. This may be a sign! LOL.
Anyway, it has already happened. The worst part is over. It's all downhill from here. Don't sweat it. It was an accident and noone's hurt. You gotta be greatful for that.
And, I'm also glad that you guys are alright. We're all happy that you're alright!
Now, lets have a great Christmas and get wasted on New yrs!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dont feel bed.... when i got my car (my fisrt car...) i had an accident a week after!!!

I was pretty mad at myself. TOTAL LOSS- thank god my insurance paid for it

My insurance went up only by 440 a month. It stays on your history for 3 years-i believe..?

I think its good...after all they had to pay $49,000

Im glad youre ok! :D

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I doubt that your premiums would go up more than what you'll have to pay for the repair. Plus, it might cost more than you think once they start the job. How awful ARE your premiums? I drive a 2002 BMW 5 series and mine aren't that bad. Of course we have 4 cars and 2 of the drivers are under 26 so the total insurance is another whole story.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I spend waaaaaaay too much time under cars... Oh and I'm a teacher an drive a 98Trans Am Convertible..

Anyway.. Is your radiator made out of gold? there's no way that this should cost you 10000.

I wish you the best of luck with all this. Also, did you check with other body shops? Atleast in WV you have the right to have anyone fix your car even if your insurance is covering it.

I feel for your poor porsche.. Do you let your malt ride in it?

Anyway, Good luck, and don't let it ruin your Christmas.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts