Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some help/suggestions. My Nani has never been fond of riding in the car. She has a seat but hassles and sometimes shakes. She has calmed down before after riding for a bit. My current issue is we had to make a trip to our hometown for a memorial service and were in my husband's truck for 15 hours yesterday. I tried benadryl as recommended by my vet but it didn't do anything for her. We will be traveling again in a couple of days and I want to do something to calm her down that isn't holding her in my lap.
Thanks in advance from Tammy and Nani!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
Some people have had success with thunder shirts. For some dogs adaptil works. The problem is that these things work for some, so experimenting can be needed.

·
Super Moderator
10,289 Posts
Animal Essentials makes a product called Tranquillity Blend which works for some as well.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some people have had success with thunder shirts. For some dogs adaptil works. The problem is that these things work for some, so experimenting can be needed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will see about adaptil. I don't think the thunder shirt will help her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please share your success .... my mollie is the same way... makes traveling exhausting while holding her the whole time... I put a pillow in my lap and she lays on it.. thunder shirt didn’t help at all

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the adaptil didn't work for Nani. We made it through the trip with her in my lap hiding her head between my leg and the center console. I will have to take her to the vet and see what they can do for any future trips. Thanks everyone.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
Sorry, good luck. Maybe short trips to fun places may work over time. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts