Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Suzuki Verona or know someone who does? Is it good, bad or otherwise? My sister is considering trading her kia for one because of poor gas mileage. She only has til April 30 before the interest rate goes up. Please answer fast if you can help. Thanks everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,863 Posts
get the ford escape hybrid!!! its like an suv....and you get to save lots of gas!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
We bought an Escape in 2002. It sits parked in our driveway. Neither one of us want to drive it. Maybe they have improved the basic design when they created the Hybrid but I hadn't heard that is was on the market yet. I thought that it was to be released in 2006 or 2007. I love my Grand Cherokee but a gas save it is not. My husband who drives on average 2500 miles per month drives a Civic that gets wonderful gas mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@Apr 28 2005, 01:24 PM
I love my Grand Cherokee but a gas save it is not. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57684
[/QUOTE]
My mom has a 2000 Grand Cherokee and loves it. She has talked about getting something else though because the gas mileage kind of sucks.

I really like the Hyundai SantaFe. They have really good warranties. In my hometown the dealership pays for an extended warranty. So you end up with 10 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
The thing with Hundai (or however its spelled) is taht there's a reason that they have these long warranties... They NEED them...

Another thing to check when thinking about a car is what replacement parts cost. You'd be surprised for Suzuki and Hyundai...

Personally, I'd buy neither. My husband would never work on either one either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Boom Boom's Mom@Apr 28 2005, 05:25 PM
The thing with Hundai (or however its spelled) is taht there's a reason that they have these long warranties...  They NEED them...

Another thing to check when thinking about a car is what replacement parts cost.  You'd be surprised for Suzuki and Hyundai...

Personally, I'd buy neither.  My husband would never work on either one either.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57755
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, my husband used to work on cars, but not anymore. But my sister and her husband got this great deal on the suzuki. $300 a month will pay off their Kia Sportage and get the new car that gets alot more to the gallon. I was just wondering how reliable a car it is. I guess it is so new, there is not much to know yet. Their previous car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it turned out to be a lemon for a lot of people, but they didn't find out until after they bought it and started having troubles of their own. Personally, my last two cars were Cavaliers and they were both great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@Apr 29 2005, 07:40 AM
Personally, my last two cars were Cavaliers and they were both great.   

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57910
[/QUOTE]
Those are good cars. My mom bought a new one in 1997 and I bought it from her is 2002. I just sold it in February. It was a really good car. Hardly ever had any problems with it. I was just getting sick of 2-doors. It was also getting up there in miles (92,000 miles). I decided to get something with less miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Apr 29 2005, 08:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-maltsmom
@Apr 29 2005, 07:40 AM
Personally, my last two cars were Cavaliers and they were both great.   

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57910
Those are good cars. My mom bought a new one in 1997 and I bought it from her is 2002. I just sold it in February. It was a really good car. Hardly ever had any problems with it. I was just getting sick of 2-doors. It was also getting up there in miles (92,000 miles). I decided to get something with less miles.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57948
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah two doors can get old, but now that my kids are grown, I really don't need a back seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom+Apr 29 2005, 12:26 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 29 2005, 08:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-maltsmom
@Apr 29 2005, 07:40 AM
Personally, my last two cars were Cavaliers and they were both great.   

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57910

Those are good cars. My mom bought a new one in 1997 and I bought it from her is 2002. I just sold it in February. It was a really good car. Hardly ever had any problems with it. I was just getting sick of 2-doors. It was also getting up there in miles (92,000 miles). I decided to get something with less miles.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57948

[/QUOTE]

Yeah two doors can get old, but now that my kids are grown, I really don't need a back seat.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58073
[/B][/QUOTE]
That is why my mom got hers! She went from an extended version mini-van to a 2-door Cavalier. In 2002 she decided she need a slightly bigger car so she got a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top