Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have read my carsick puppy post thanks for all the help
Some suggested a car seat for TicTac to help prevent the motion sickness which I can understand because I get sick sitting in the back seat. I know that some of you have used the snoozer seat like the one Kristi has sold on here, but I was wondering if anyone has used this one. I prefer having the dogs in their carrier belted into the car for rides, and I don't really want to spend a whole lot of $$ on a seat if they aren't going to use it. I just wanted to know if anyone has any feedback or experience with this type so I don't go wasting more $ on things the boys don't use. Thanks guys!!!
Oh yeah, it's adjustable so I can have him sitting at window level too.

Here's the little stinker...

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
How darling! Great picture to advertise those seats. I have that same car seat. Unfortunately Frosty was old and set in his ways before I got it, so he's not thrilled. He was used to riding in my lap, and that's where he thinks he has to be. Of course that doesn't work if I'm driving! It's a good roomy seat and fastens in securely with the seat belt. Mine has the sliding drawer under for leash, treats, water bottle etc. With a good harness and strap securing them in, it is a good safe way to go.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts

I hope this turns out but here is Mr Smartie Pants in his little booster seat which we bought from over at the other site. It's the only good thing we got from there, and he loves it. He complained for the first one or two trips but after that he realized he could see more it became his favourite activity.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Alissa,

I think we used the same car seat you are showing. It was ok, but after a while Miko chewed through those strips holding the seat. Miko never really stood up to look out the window anyways. He always just sleeps in the car - ALWAYS. I don't know. I wasn't crazy about that particular car seat, but maybe it was just my nutty little guy.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm still just too focused on the $20 price compared to the more expensive ones out there. I think I will try it out and if it works, maybe upgrade to the Snoozer brand after a while

Okw, Tic is in a major chewing phase right now and I never even thought of him chewing the straps. Maybe I'll spray the bitter apple on them. Peanut must be like Miko because he sleeps in the car too. I really hope this helps the motion sickness! Thanks guys. :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I have the same car seat as MomtwoMaltmuffins. Kodie loves it cause he can hang on the side and look out the window. The only bad thing is that now he has started to bark at EVERYTHING that goes by the window!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have the Outward Hound car seat and it serves it's purpose. It's a little flimsy but for the price it's worth it. The fabric is sturdy but the design of the seat is a little weird. I can only use it in my front passenger seat because you have to wrap the straps around the back of the seat. I just had both my dogs in it today on our way to the park and they do find in it. I like that it has a leash attachment so they don't go flying into the dash. I use a coupler to strap both dogs into it in the car. When Tuffy rode alone he would fidget a lot and a few times he suspended himself off the front of the seat.. he was just hanging over the edge of it held up by his harness.
So after that I really cinched the leash attachment tight so he wouldn't be able to move out of the seat.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 6 2005, 03:01 PM
I have the same car seat as MomtwoMaltmuffins.  Kodie loves it cause he can hang on the side and look out the window.  The only bad thing is that now he has started to bark at EVERYTHING that goes by the window! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69724
[/QUOTE]
:lol: Tuffy does the same thing.. he practically has a fit everytime he sees people walking outside of the car. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 6 2005, 04:01 PM
I have the same car seat as MomtwoMaltmuffins.  Kodie loves it cause he can hang on the side and look out the window.  The only bad thing is that now he has started to bark at EVERYTHING that goes by the window! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69724
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Peanut!! I dread driving by a bus stop because all the people standing there really sets him off. I gotta say it's embarrassing

Originally posted by Mystify79@Jun 6 2005, 04:02 PM
I have the Outward Hound car seat and it serves it's purpose.  It's a little flimsy but for the price it's worth it.  The fabric is sturdy but the design of the seat is a little weird.  I can only use it in my front passenger seat because you have to wrap the straps around the back of the seat.  I just had both my dogs in it today on our way to the park and they do find in it.  I like that it has a leash attachment so they don't go flying into the dash.  I use a coupler to strap both dogs into it in the car.  When Tuffy rode alone he would fidget a lot and a few times he suspended himself off the front of the seat.. he was just hanging over the edge of it held up by his harness. 
  So after that I really cinched the leash attachment tight so he wouldn't be able to move out of the seat.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69725
[/QUOTE]
I didn't even notice that it had to be strapped around the seat. Thanks for the heads up. I think in my SUV it'll work in the back, but in my other car it'll have to go up front.

I forgot to say these are great pics of your dogs in their car seats you guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts