Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone here use the buddy booster for dogs? I am looking for a car seat for my little one but I just can't decide what to purchase. I have a two door car so my front and back seats are small. Any suggestions? I am looking at the one on the malteseonly website but haven't decided yet. I know that I shouldn't put my dog in the front seat (air bags) but since it is only me and my dog in the car I don't know if I want to put her in the backseat.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I don't remember what the Buddy Booster looks like but I think it's like the one I got for Pico several years ago at a local petstore. Mine has a drawer underneath which is so handy for keeping some supplies for him. I also had the quilted flap that covers the drawer embroidered with his name so as to let everyone know how spoiled he really is!

It is the best buy I ever made because he loves to ride in the car but he MUST be able to see out the window which meant he was in my lap, standing up and resting his torso on my driving arm! Not a good thing.

With the car seat I clip his harness to the strap that attaches to the seat belt that holds the carseat in place. He loves to watch the cows and goats and other cars, his little head swiveling like a tennis fan's. When he gets tired, he curls up in the sheepskin lining and snoozes comfortably and he's up high enough that I can keep an eye on him.

He'll be close enough to you in the backseat and much safer.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! I have been all over the web for the past week looking and getting more and more confused. Want to get something that is safe for my little one. She won't be home until the beginning of June but I want to have everything I will need for her before she gets here.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I need to get one too Maxi refuses to be anywhere but my lap in the car and its too dangerous , when he was little i kept him in the sherpa bag in the front but once when he was with my mom she let him out and that was it

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, I have one, Morgan loves it. When I got my new Yorkie, I was going to order another one, but ended up spenidng big bucks on one at Petco instead as it was a four in one and didn't have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. I really LOVE the Buddy Booster, sorta wished I had gone ahead and purchased another, but this is better because of the way the back seat is set up, if I had bought another on, there wouldn't have been enough room for my third dog, who is a "not so small" breed and wears a harness through the seat belt. They are a GREAT seat for the dog, I highly recommend them!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

I have looked at both of the seats and have a few questions. The Buddy Booster (on the other maltese website) looks like it is a bucket that if the dog wants to see out they have to stand on their hind legs and look out and other one looks like the dog sits on top of it but not a bucket. Hope this explains it well...which is better or is just what you personally like? I have bucket seats for the backseat...will both work? Any info would be great!

Oh and by the way I found out yesterday I am going to be a grandmother to a human baby (I know not Maltese related, but just so excited!)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm back...does anyone who uses the buddy booster have trouble fitting it on the backseat? I have a 2003 Alero two door coupe and I am not sure I can get it to hang on my backseat. Anyone use it on the front passenger seat? I just don't want to purchase it and find out that it won't fit on the seat properly. On the picture it looks like it has two brackets that hang it on the backseat and then it is buckled in with the seatbelt. Thanks, I would like to purchase something this weekend so I have it in time for when I bring my puppy home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my dog's car seat here Car Seat - they offer free shipping and it's the best price I have found on it after searching onine.

Happy loves it - you can see pictures of her in it on her website - Happy's Website - she is very spolied - I want to get her name embroidered on the flap as well, just need to find a place that can do it while I wait as I don't want to leave the seat with them.

Cindy

·
Registered
831 Posts
Have any of you try the double one. I have two girls and I am devating weather I should buy one each or the double one. Daezie and Maya love to look out the window and if the bouble car seat will have to be place in the middle or on the side then one of them would not get the window seat, do I make sense?

Thank for anu info..

·
Registered
831 Posts
I meant that Daezie and Maya like to stick their head out the window, they love the air on their face.
( in my precious post I said they like to look out the window)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my brother has a porshe--and bought those child car seats--his human daughter (4 yrs old) is allowed to sit in the front passenger seat because he disabled the front airbag. something like that.

i think the airbag kills children---thats why they're not allowed in the front. so if you go to the dealership, ask to disable it--then you dont have to worry about your dog getting hurt while in the dog-carseat.

i hope i'm not wrong.

thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I keep Pico's seat in the back at all times. The safest place probably is in the middle of the back in case of a side-impact collision but he does love to look out the window.

Make sure you clip his harness to the seatbelt with the strap that comes with the carseat. I don't know how the Buddy Booster works but mine has one. He won't fly out of the seat in case you have to stop suddenly.

These seats are the best! I can see Pico at all times while we're traveling and he can sight see or nap so we're both happy.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a Buddy Booster, using it in a Nissan Ultima, the seat goes in the back, I would NEVER put my babies in the front seat as I never did with my children either, safest place is in the back seat. The car seat belt holds the Buddy Booster seat in place, there is a strap with a hook on it. Morgan wears a comfy harness that has a loop on the back of it for just this purpose. He is connected to the Buddy Boster with the clip to the loop. Simple. It is bascially a bucket that he sits in. I put down a beach towel with a p pad under it for protection in case of an accident and added comfort for him. He loves it. He can sit up and look out the window and bark at everyone or he can curl up and go to sleep. he prefers the first of the two and when he gets bored with that, he usually lays down and drops his head over the side lol Hope that answers the questions on that one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a car seat for Tavish, and he LOVES it. I have the 3 in 1 car seat that has a suitcase as the booster part, so if you travel with your pet you can pack his/her things right in it, and the actual seat part folds out to make a bed for when travelling as well. It's wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone. I found a site with a picture of it, but I think if you shop around online you can find it cheaper.

pet car seat

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Tavish@Mar 23 2005, 09:01 PM
I have a car seat for Tavish, and he LOVES it. I have the 3 in 1 car seat that has a suitcase as the booster part, so if you travel with your pet you can pack his/her things right in it, and the actual seat part folds out to make a bed for when travelling as well. It's wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone. I found a site with a picture of it, but I think if you shop around online you can find it cheaper.

pet car seat
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45839
[/QUOTE]

That's a neat seat..... I've never seen anything like that before!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts