Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get Paris a car seat. She weighs 6.7 lbs. and is almost 10 months old. I have looked on the internet and have seen so many different types. What do you have and how do you, better yet, how does your baby like it?

Thanks for any and all info in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi we have seat for the girls. THey love the car seat lookout deluxe. Gives your dog a boost so they can enjoy the scenery from the car. Ours will not ride anywhere else.. They have alway used them.. So if we go they run right to the car to get in their seats.. If i go in the store they just sleep till i get back.. There is two sizes up 18 pds and 18- 25pds. We have both sizes. The small one would be big enought for yours.. I got both of our from the Pet direct superstore. www.valleyvet.com or 1800-360-4838

·
Registered
274 Posts
We have the Pet Stow Away by Global... I've only used it once, when we went to pick up Katie.. Kylie rode all the way to Michigan and back (it was about 8 hours each way) in it. She is a nervous dog, but seemed to like it okay. She mostly sat in it looking out the window.. There is definitely enough room for her to lay down though... Nice little storage drawer for treats and stuff... It also folds out into a nice doggy bed, if yours will lay in one (mine will only sleep in my bed)... Here's a picture (from an ebay auction):

They have lots of them on ebay right now... Hope that helps a little!
Jess

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Msloke@Aug 9 2005, 02:41 PM
[Sorry, no advice on car seat. Just wanted to say that the photo within your post looks just like a statue...she looks like carved in marble or something.  Beautiful picture.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88795
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it's not too often she is actually still.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
We have a car seat for Scooby too and he loves it. I would post a picture but I got the seat from that other site and I don't particularly want to go into detail, but I will say this, the seat is simple and practical and he just loves standing up on the edge and looking out the window, just as well he is strapped in too. I have to laugh when we go around a corner because he has it down pat and knows just how to keep his balance. He too won't travel in the car any other way and goes straight to the back door when he is loading up.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Aug 9 2005, 05:58 PM
I got this one for Tic because of his motion sickness.  I didn't know if it would help, so I didn't want to sink a whole lotta money into another thing that the boys don't use

car seat
It was like $20 at petsmart, but I didn't see it online.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88884
[/QUOTE]
i have this same one :
parker is great in it. u use a harness to strap them in. he curls up and goes to sleep.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie has the same one as Scappy. His is great because kodie is so little that he cant see out the window without it! It raises him high so he can see whats going on. He really likes it.. but i know some people didnt really like this car seat. Sometimes you never know what works for you and your baby until you already buy it...

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I have a wonderful car seat that I love and seems to calm Toby down quite a bit. I purchased it from some web site and paid $8 for it plus s/h. I decided on this one because I didn't want something that was hard to move around and I needed something that did not buckle into the seatbelt because my car is foreign and most standard parts don't work. Anyway, the funny thing is, this car seat is very similar to the "Buddy Booster" advertised on MO and I only paid $8!
I think they are charging $35!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody for your help. I will probably get the lookout seat...now I have to decide what size.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Yes we have the buddy booster from MO and I thought it was over priced for what it is, but it is doing the job and Scooby loves it. There are no belts etc that have to hold it in it simply hooks over the back of the seat and he has a buckle that clips onto his harness. We did put some padding in the bottom and a couple of towels around it to soften it though. Here is an old picture of Scooby in his buddy booster. We have since changed our vehicle and it was so funny because it has bucket seats in the second row, so Scooby was a little funny about being closer to the window for a while but now he just loves sticking his head out and yelling at passers by around town. IF we forget to open his window he yips at us till we do.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Scoobydoo--

That doesn't even look like the one advertised on MO. Did you change it or is it an older version? The one I have is basically made of a heavy weight fabric. It came with some ugly leopard print fabric, so I am going to buy some nice fleece and recover it.

Does yours have a hook that attaches to the harness or collar? The one I have doesn't, so hubby is going to attach something to the basket to clip Toby in.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Aug 10 2005, 02:05 PM
Scoobydoo--

That doesn't even look like the one advertised on MO.  Did you change it or is it an older version?  The one I have is basically made of a heavy weight fabric.  It came with some ugly leopard print fabric, so I am going to buy some nice fleece and recover it. 

Does yours have a hook that attaches to the harness or collar?  The one I have doesn't, so hubby is going to attach something to the basket to clip Toby in.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89191
[/QUOTE]

We bought this one about a year and a half ago from MO, it has a strap and clip attached to hook onto Scooby's harness. I think you can see that in the picture. The model he had after that one had air holes in it, he must have changed the style again. When we got it we thought it was very basic but it does that job and Scooby loves it so we are happy with it too.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I have another question for you...me being parnoid like I am, I am afraid the bars are going to leave imprints on the top and back of the seats--have you had any problems with this? I think I may get something to push under it to stop that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am waiting for a Look-Out car seat also, since the Pet Smart in my area had only a medium sized one. I was wondering if any of your furkids experienced car sickness, and because of the car seat, is now better. Bailee always gets car sick, unless I hold her and have her looking out the window.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Aug 11 2005, 12:24 AM
I have another question for you...me being parnoid like I am, I am afraid the bars are going to leave imprints on the top and back of the seats--have you had any problems with this?  I think I may get something to push under it to stop that.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89321
[/QUOTE]

We have used a thick rug or towel on the top of the seat which seems to protect it from any marking so far.
Of course I was worried about it in our new vehicle as it has leather, but so far so good, it seems to be ok with the towel under the bars.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.