Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,616 Posts
I have a wonderful car seat that I love and seems to calm Toby down quite a bit. I purchased it from some web site and paid $8 for it plus s/h. I decided on this one because I didn't want something that was hard to move around and I needed something that did not buckle into the seatbelt because my car is foreign and most standard parts don't work. Anyway, the funny thing is, this car seat is very similar to the "Buddy Booster" advertised on MO and I only paid $8!
I think they are charging $35!

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Scoobydoo--

That doesn't even look like the one advertised on MO. Did you change it or is it an older version? The one I have is basically made of a heavy weight fabric. It came with some ugly leopard print fabric, so I am going to buy some nice fleece and recover it.

Does yours have a hook that attaches to the harness or collar? The one I have doesn't, so hubby is going to attach something to the basket to clip Toby in.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
I have another question for you...me being parnoid like I am, I am afraid the bars are going to leave imprints on the top and back of the seats--have you had any problems with this? I think I may get something to push under it to stop that.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Here is the car seat I have for Toby...

and here is the link to the site...Harriet Carter

It seems to be very similiar to that of the one sold at MO and much cheaper. The only thing I was disappointed in was there was no restraint leash, so I solved that problem by using Toby's leash. It sounds kind of silly, but I attach the leash to his harness and when I close the door, I shut it on the leash. I bought an inexpensive leash, just for this purpose. I give him a little slack in the car and the rest of the leash hangs out the car door. This is my temporary solution, until I can figure out another way to hook him in.

I bet it must look odd with a leash flapping along down the road!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.